SASS Wire Forum

. . . FREE . . . . . . lunch . . . .

. sorry . .. . there is , , , , , , NO FREE LUNCH :huh:
. .

But. . . . there IS a . . . FREE TRUCK . . .

Yes. . . a free truck. :excl:

. . . . . . Is there a catch ? ? ? ? :o

Whut ? . . . wuz there ever a “catch” when you were offered a. . . “free lunch”. . . ?

The. . . . . “Catches” . . . .

it is . . . . . Located in Stockton California . . .

. . . yes it does run but needs serious work . . . .

So. . . do you LOVE old International Pickup Trucks and crave to have one for free ?

If so . . . . and it is Ok that it is located in Stockton Ca. . . . .then read on.

It has a sound body . . and a very nice service bed.

It was well cared for by the original owner from whom I purchased it 16 years ago. And has been well cared for by me.

It is overheating quickly and I figure the heads are warped . . . . if they are just warped ( and can be planed down ) then pretty fixable . . . if the heads are cracked and must be replace . . ? . . . ( then fixing is a much greater problem. )

But the price is RIGHT . . . FREE to someone who wants it and will love it. I’d rather give it to someone that loves and craves old International Pickups than sell it to an outfit that picks up old cars / trucks.

Available the first weekend of November.

( I still have to transfer my camper from it to the pickup truck that I’ve purchased .)

I don't live THAT far from Stockton. What year, and any pics?

Year is 1971. P. Message me with yur E-mail for pix if interested.

rear wheel drive . . . limited slip rear end. 345 engine. Transmission is great. 5 speed stick with granny gear and overdrive.

I'm off the wire until this evening . . . . P. Message me for more info / pix in if seriously interested.

I had a 1973 IH 1150. Ugly has homeade sin, but by golly, if you tied the Empire State Building to the bumper one of 2 things was hapening......either the Empire State building was gonna be following you down the highway, or the bumper would come off. (Never had the bumper come off!) That was one pulling truck, even with an auto transmission. We got it used in 1975 from a friend of my dad's who got a company truck. He paid $1750 for it brand new in 1973. I think we gave him $200 and took up payments of 56/month for a year. It had big V8, PS Auto Trans, and that was it. Pretty plain truck. It had rubber floor matts, I used to chew tobacco, spit on the floor thru the steering wheel. hosed it out ever week or so. I pulled horse trailers all over Lousisana and Missisiisppi with it. Drove it thru HS and college.

Wolfgang, if nobody else takes you up on it, my youngster, "Sassparilla Kid," would fight rabid wolves for a '71 Scout. Was just yesterday talking about early '70's vintage Scouts and fairly drooling. :)

Majoring in Industrial Technology and very into restoring rolling stock.

Kids... :rolleyes:

5:31 am . . . Thursday . . . I have two . . "I'm really interested" . . . . but no . . I'LLTAKE IT .

I'll be off the wire until this evening . . . . as always the first time dated " I'll TAKE it" . . . gets it. vie P. Message or e-mail.

Ah Wolfgang, your corn binder is about 18 years newer than my ideal IH pickup needs to be. My first vehicle was 52 IH pickup that I paid $160. In 1971. The next summer I worked for a guy building a dam in the San Juan Mts. of southern Colorado in trade for a 1953 to use as parts. That was the hardest work I've ever done. I'm searching for a 1952-1954 IH pickup that I can turn into a driver not so much for show. IMHO those years were the best looking corn binders ever produced. My search continues. Someone should take you up on this offer however as those were one tough, tugging old truck.

At 7:23 a.m on Thursday message came in from Ryan Chaney " I'll Take it " . . So it is HIS. . . :)

. . . . second message from another interested party at 8:33 a.m. was too late. <_<

As is the rule on this forum The first " I'll Take It " . . . gets the deal.

Archived