SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Coach Gun

Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862

I have been trying to locate a stock for my CG for awhile now with no luck. The factory must not fit them right as mine like quite a few I have seen lost a chunk of wood on top up against the frame on one side, and now the other side is splitting. It's a cosmetic thing but it bugs the #$%@ out of me and it irritates me that I cannot find a source. Factory has none..........and actually I can't find any parts, like firing pins, for them either.

Anyone know any sources?

EDIT to this post. I tried Bob's parts place, just got an email from him that stocks are not available anymore. Tried Numrich and Brownell's. Anyone think of another source? Jeeze, shouldn't be THAT hard to locate for a current production gun.

my shotgun stock split because it was not tight against the frame. I have to check it every time I shoot it

Mississippi Kid

Stoeger = Boito

Replacement stock - http://www.gun-parts.com/brazil/

All the double stocks of Stoeger's will split and drop pieces off unless you pin the stocks.

Go to your local hobby store and by some 1/8 brass rod. Go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware and buy a good 1/8 drill bit.

Drill from the bottom about 3/4 of an inch back from the point the stock touches the receiver. <Make sure not to drill all the way through to the top>

Sand the brass rod and cut it a bit short of the depth of the hole. Coat with epoxy and push in hole.

You won't have the problem again.

Firing pins are available - http://www.longhunt.com/storelh/index.php?route=product/product&path=88_95&product_id=237

You can get a Biakal!

Actually, just bought one from a guy at a shoot not long ago for my daughter's boyfriend to use. It was cheap but in not bad condition, only complaint would be the wood--like shooting with a 2x4.

my shotgun stock split because it was not tight against the frame. I have to check it every time I shoot it

Mississippi Kid

Mine was loose, just tightened it up last weekend. But looseness came long after this problem started to show up. Origionally I thought the problem was the fairly stout BP loads I use until I looked at guns that have had nothing but featherweight loads through them.

Thanks all for the info!

the stock was not fitted properly, the section that breaks needs to be relieved, ie enough removed so as not to touch the receiver. and of course, yes they need to be tight.

I've worn out 5-6 Stoegers, all the stocks chipped around the right top side of the reciever. My wife has had 2-3 that also chipped. What do you expect from a $350.00 gun? My SKB and Charles Daly 500, both Miruku's have not chipped. Feel fortunate if the Stoeger continues to function properly regardless of a chipped or cracked stock. Just my experience with Stoegers.

Assassin

I've posted this before but...

I shoot Stoegers...

My first one the stock split like yer talkin' about.. :wacko:

I glued the pieces back in and refinished it..

But when I put it back together I took woodworking tools and relieved

the whole area like Cheyenne Culpepper said...what a pain...

Lacey (my wife) is still shooting that SxS..

No more splits..

On my replacement.. Another new Stoeger

I took the stock off and used a plastic piece of credit card to shim the stock away from the reciever..

Whole bunch easier..

It leave the thickness of the credit card as a relief area..

Just cut it to fit between the tang area that the screw goes into and the wood.. drilled a hole in it.. done..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' yep..it works.. :)

I've never had it offer to chip... and it's tight..

Guest Jess Money

You can get a Biakal!

I'd really like to find a stock for a M220 Baikal. Doesn't have to be perfect, just usable if I need it to be. I want to do some surgery on my original stock to improve the fit and looks but I have yet to locate a used stock. Anybody out there have info on where to look for one?

Howdy Mad Dog, check with Mann & Son for anything Stoeger. For some reason I could not find there web page, they must have let it expire, only facebook. Give them a call, if they don't have one they can point you in the right direction. Good Luck :)

(618) 357-2911

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mann-Son-Sporting-Goods/163103063713858

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I've worn out 5-6 Stoegers, all the stocks chipped around the right top side of the reciever. My wife has had 2-3 that also chipped. What do you expect from a $350.00 gun? My SKB and Charles Daly 500, both Miruku's have not chipped. Feel fortunate if the Stoeger continues to function properly regardless of a chipped or cracked stock. Just my experience with Stoegers.

Assassin

Close to ditto. I sawr a pard last weekend that did the pin thing above. After they crack the first time. Super Glue. Live with it. I will have another.

We have a Stoeger Uplander and only shot maybe 100 time with light loads. I've done a lot of stock work over the years and feel at least handy at it.

You think taking the butt stock off and checking the bedding would be a wise investment in time? I would space it back at action sides and then glass bed where the tang sets.

Archived