SASS Wire Forum

Primitive Archery Hunting.

Dorado

Might as well buy both sets of limbs now... you'll outgrow those 35#'ers VERY quickly. ;)

Like... buy some green bananas too. :)

I know I'll out grow them quickly. But it'd be nice to keep around for when my nephew or someone wants to learn. I'm looking at buying two sets of limbs anyways. But I can get both sets for less than what I could buy one bow for on many of the other competitors, and still have a better bow.

WHEN , you get it in and PLAY with it for a bit , shoot me a PM as to what you think of it , if you would be so kind

I am thinking , I may have to drop , my draw weight some , this back injury is eating pretty hard

I was looking forard to going back to a real bow , looks like it is the crossbow or nothing this year :unsure:

CB

Will do CB. But it looks like I'm waiting for stock to come it. Everyone that I've found that carries the Samick Journey is out of stock. I measured my drawlength and came to the conclusion that I need the 64" version over the 62". So, I'm looking around right now, I sold some things and so I have enough for the bow and a few accessories.

I like a longbow myself. They are very rugged and to me hold up better. I shoot a 48#. As a general rule of thumb most bows are weighed at 28". For every inch over/under 28" add 5 pounds or subtract 5 pounds.

For longbows Bear and Martin makes good ones and for higher end ones Roy Hall or Black Widow.

One thing to be cautious of buying a recurve on EBay or the likes is if the limbs are twisted from being strung wrong it is pretty much useless. I would try to find a shop where you could shoot them and see what you like.

For recurves The Samick bows are good for the money. PSE Martin and Bear make good ones too. For higher end ones Bob Lee or Roy Hall. I would encourage getting a stringer for any recurve.

As far as arrows a good aluminum will work fine. Easton 2114 is my preference. You can use wood but it takes some work to get a good set put together.

3 rivers is a good choice or Landcasters. Archery Talk is a good forum along with Tradgang.

Hope this helps.

DC

ACE

the string locks are ILLEAGEL here , PLUS , I would not use one ,

I have the crossbow , but it took me 10 years to use it ,

I will sort out a way to go back to a real bow ,

wonder IF I can pull the Gray Wolf , I used to use for 3d matches ?

Dewey

SHOOT good , at CAC ,

NOZ

are ya ready for Sat , in Cassville ?

CB

I yam. Well maybe if I get my guns cleaned by then.

Ordered my bow today. Got a few extras and am now waiting for it to come in.

Archived