SASS Wire Forum

Making something dummy proof

Badlands Bob #61228

Reminds me of the time at the range when we had a bowling pin match. They had them setting on a 2by on top of a 55 gallon drum. I could see that a low left or right shot would track around the bead and come back pretty much intact and hardly slowed. The other shooters dismissed the possibility. Brother-in-law and I excused ourselves and got d-hell back. Not long after one of the guys got thumped pretty good. Lucky it hit him where he was wearing a heavy jacket. It still broke the skin and left a painful bruise.

I wonder what makes somebody post a video like this of themselves. Are people that desperate for their 15 minutes?

P.S. The video is not for the squeamish.

I wonder what makes somebody post a video like this of themselves. Are people that desperate for their 15 minutes?

P.S. The video is not for the squeamish.

Kind of a "truth in advertizing" thing. The guy has a fair number of videos of himself using various slingshots he has made and doing some impressive stuff with some of them. This is just one showing some of the hazards.

Unbelievable!!!! :wacko:

Yeah, those champagne bottles are tough.

I like the guys videos and personality - too bad he got hurt,,,well, he didn't :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bc5HUS8dLN0

as you can see - he actually is no dummy ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

LOL.

The guy's a loon. However, I did want to build his skill saw blade slingshot.

He's got a very Cherman sense of humor. :D

Hold my champagne and watch this!

It looks a bit fake, as supported by GG's post... I laughed, I cried - but mostly I laughed and laughed. :lol: He didn't lose an eye, he didn't die, and it's always much funnier when it's not me!

'made to protect the hand' - He was honest about that.

'a very safe slingshot' - in relative terms maybe. Slinging 10-ga balls at 200-300 fps likely does not sound very safe in any circumstances.

'made to protect the hand' - He was honest about that.

'a very safe slingshot' - in relative terms maybe. Slinging 10-ga balls at 200-300 fps likely does not sound very safe in any circumstances.

Neither does shooting them (or anything else) out of a gun at mush higher velocities. Just ask Diane Feinstein, the Lord High mayor of NYC, Sarah Brady, Jerry moonbeam, and a host of others.

Don't make the mistake of becoming one of THEM!

ok we won't :huh:

Archived