SASS Wire Forum

'Sideways' movie...

Have to say - absolutely hilarious - especially for folks who love wine. had seen it about 8 years ago, but the Blue Ray came to our house yesterday and we enjoyed it. Especially seeing that gas was $1.77 in 2004 :lol:

Thomas Haden Church (Tombstone) co-stars...he's good ;)

Fun movie..strong language and a bit of nudity, but y'all are adults...right?? :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I watched it a year or so ago. Thought it was a low point in Church's career.

Actually alot in the movie industry thought it was one of his better adventures...it's meant to be a fun movie and his part made it pretty funny...but...to each his own ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It was indeed critically acclaimed.

Which I find to be indicative of the state of our society.

I personally couldn't find the charm in a movie about a couple of seriously dysfunctional characters - particularly and especially Church's, whose behavior toward women was about as low as a man can get.

Also, I was pretty turned off by how he got the role - the director and staff (and critics when the story got out later) seemed to think it was quite the thing that he had spontaneously stripped naked for his audition reading.

But, as you say, to each his own.

It was indeed critically acclaimed.

Which I find to be indicative of the state of our society.

I personally couldn't find the charm in a movie about a couple of seriously dysfunctional characters - particularly and especially Church's, whose behavior toward women was about as low as a man can get.

Also, I was pretty turned off by how he got the role - the director and staff (and critics when the story got out later) seemed to think it was quite the thing that he had spontaneously stripped naked for his audition reading.

But, as you say, to each his own.

Yup...to each his own. Being pretty familiar with the Hollywood scene there are interesting ways some get roles.

Don't care about that. Just enjoyed a fun but pretty good movie and decided to share.

Doesn't mean I condone the characters actions or motives LOL. There were good honest moments and other character developments that easily trumped the deficits that were memorable for you.

GG

The "action" in this movie, pretty much occurred about 50 miles south of here in the Solvang/Buelton area, and it was a big hit amongst all the folks in this area, along the Central Coast. I thought it was down to earth, realistic and funny.

Thomas Hayden Church also acted with Robert Duval in the western, Broken Trail, where they rescued the Chinese girls. He has other movies and TV shows in his portfolio, too. Pretty decent actor, really.

It was a good movie, well acted and funny.

But a sense of humor is a basic requirement. It was a light romantic comedy, with a few of the necessary poignant moments. The course of true love ne'er doth run smooth, and so on.....

Church did a really good job. He was a TV actor, and this was his first major movie role.

Archived