SASS Wire Forum

Looks like Hickengruber, or whatever his name is, is running scared.

Subdeacon Joe

Colo. governor suggests gun-control groups stay away

"Colorado is a state that people like to be themselves and solve

their own problems," the Democratic governor said in an interview with

Capital Download, USA TODAY's weekly video newsmaker series. "They don't

really like outside organizations meddling in their affairs, and maybe

the NRA gets a pass on that.

"But (it is) probably not a bad idea"

for gun-control groups, such as the one established by New York Mayor

Michael Bloomberg, to curb their efforts if gun-rights activists collect

enough signatures to force a recall vote on state Sen. Evie Hudak, a

two-term Democrat from a suburban district north of Denver, he said.

Good.

The NRA does get a pass. Because WE ARE THE NRA!

They'll never understand that.

The NRA does get a pass. Because WE ARE THE NRA!

They'll never understand that.

Well, they can't understand why people would want to join the NRA in the first place. There seems to be a switch in their head that has been flipped to make them intolerant of diverse points of view.

Well, they can't understand why people would want to join the NRA in the first place. There seems to be a switch in their head that has been flipped to make them intolerant of diverse points of view.

They are bombarded with anti-gun politicians' constant statements that the NRA is nothing but a big money tool of evil gun manufacturers. That's why I'd love to see a return of the old "I'm the NRA" commercials.

They are bombarded by the majority of the media and it's continual anti-gun slant in every story that offers the opportunity. Needless to say, whenever they can also work in a few shots at the NRA they don't fail to take them.

It really would be great to see NRA commercials again. Also... there is a local gun store/range that has a few billboards around town. They often mention self defense. I'd like to see every local media "news story" that has an anti-gun slant be followed by an advertisement that mentions self-defense. That way, the increasing violence in our nightly news would serve as subtle advertising that definitely is biased our way. Ah the fantasies we confuse ourselves with...

BTW, the local paper even did an article about "those signs", and managed to lay a little more slant while giving the "gunners 'equal' time". They never rest. It would be great if the NRA had some help with advertising. The local gun store's ads are fun ones. They struck me as being extra powerful in that they threw in some humor, and weren't what you'd call serious. Those bill boards added a needed dimension to our crusade. Sadly, it'd be very difficult for NRA advertising to be as local or light.

They are bombarded by the majority of the media and it's continual anti-gun slant in every story that offers the opportunity. Needless to say, whenever they can also work in a few shots at the NRA they don't fail to take them.

It really would be great to see NRA commercials again. Also... there is a local gun store/range that has a few billboards around town. They often mention self defense. I'd like to see every local media "news story" that has an anti-gun slant be followed by an advertisement that mentions self-defense. That way, the increasing violence in our nightly news would serve as subtle advertising that definitely is biased our way. Ah the fantasies we confuse ourselves with...

BTW, the local paper even did an article about "those signs", and managed to lay a little more slant while giving the "gunners 'equal' time". They never rest. It would be great if the NRA had some help with advertising. The local gun store's ads are fun ones. They struck me as being extra powerful in that they threw in some humor, and weren't what you'd call serious. Those bill boards added a needed dimension to our crusade. Sadly, it'd be very difficult for NRA advertising to be as local or light.

At least they gave a little time to the pro-civil rights side. Usually the antis screeds are stand alone, with nothing but the antis side presented, but any pro-civil rights article MUST give the antis "equal time to share their views."

Archived