SASS Wire Forum

California AB 48

This is the bill limiting magazine capacity to a maximum of ten rounds, signed by the guv yesterday.

In addition to making a lot of us future criminals if we don't dispose of any "high-capacity" magazines by next July 01, I'm a bit alarmed by what it doesn't say:

I read the text, and nowhere did I see mention of exemptions for tubular or fixed magazines or even .22 rimfires.

This could present a problem for a bunch of Cowboy rifles... AND some of our favorite plinkers. :blink:

Would someone please tell me that I just missed it, and point out where I can find the exemptions...?

:(

Looks like its time to depart Cal, they banned lead for hunting as we'll.

ya lets all cut and run that will work. What would have happened if the founding fathers and cut and run instead of fighting the british

ya lets all cut and run that will work. What would have happened if the founding fathers and cut and run instead of fighting the british

I'm afraid the fight is lopsided, progun people are never gonna win in such a liberal state and let's face it, it's not gonna get better. There's just too many anti-gunners out there! Sorry to be so negative but it seems like it never stops out there!

Rye

I'm afraid the fight is lopsided, progun people are never gonna win in such a liberal state and let's face it, it's not gonna get better. There's just too many anti-gunners out there! Sorry to be so negative but it seems like it never stops out there!

Rye

like I said Rye lets cut and run, let the liberals anti gunners take over Cal., then when the liberal anti gunners start rolling throw Ohio, and Don't kid yourself either because THEY WILL start on Ohio. I will just say to you hell Rye cut and run it's to lopsided you can win to many anti gunner there. Sorry to sound so negative Rye but you lost.

Do you hear how Ignorant both those statements are, and it is crap just exactly like what you are saying, is why we are losing.You and people just like you, have written Cal. off, like we are done all ready. But you had better hope Cal. isn't done for. Because if we are done, then the liberal anti gunners are going to start invading other place. When the liberal anti gunners are finished with Cal. They will start on the next weakest state then the next till they get to Ohio and THEY WILL get to Ohio so DO NOT kid yourself that they will not

Rye

That be the truth... :wacko:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hardpan Curmugeon

You missed it!

----------------------------

SEC. 2.   Section 16740.5 is

added to the Penal Code, to read:

16740.5. As used in this part, a "large-capacity magazine" shall not be construed to include any of the following: (a) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device. (B) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

----------------------------

Unfortunately, it does not specify pump action rifles with tubular magazines.

You can read the intire bill as signed showing additions and deletions to the bill

AB-48

The mental health part of the bill is very long. It is more than half the bills text.

Archived