SASS Wire Forum

Bill To Ban ‘Bullet Button’ Awaits Gov. Brown’s Signature

Subdeacon Joe

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/10/09/bill-to-close-bullet-button-loophole-awaits-gov-browns-signature/

“We are not making illegal the existing assault weapons that can be
manipulated to allow detachable magazines,” said Steinberg. That’s
because the bill allows current owners of rifles with detachable
magazines to register them as legal assault weapons by July 2015.

Jacobson predicts that will backfire.

“What I would do is register the firearm, receive proof of that
registration, then remove the bullet button and put in a standard
magazine release,” said Jacobson. That would make the gun even faster to
reload and legalize an estimated one million rapid-fire rifles in
California.

Steinberg disputes that assertion and stands by the registration part
of his bill: “Law enforcement will know where those guns are, and I
think that is the key,” he said.

Meanwhile Jacobson’s playing it safe: he’s only manufacturing parts
now at his Morgan Hill factory. The rest of his operations have moved to
Nevada. But he says he’s not forgetting California. “We have solutions
that will not be a loophole, or a circumvention, it will simply be use
of the law to our favor for 2014,” he said.

So, if they aren't going to try to confiscate then, why does LE need to know "where those guns are?"

Joe,

I feel your pain. Best of luck as you continue the fight. In Maryland, the 2013 session has closed, we got slammed, and we are down the fighting in the courts. I expect 2014 legislative session to be even worse as our "Presidential Wanna-be" Govenor tries to out do California. Lord help this country if he gets in the White House.

Dogmeat Dad

Speechless... California has truly 'mucked' up with electing these people. What the heck happened to my great native state?....sadly fear that California is such a bastion of liberal foolishness it may never recover...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Heard on the news this morning, that Pro Gun groups are going to do the same thing Colorado did, and start a recall drive for the 10 Dems that pushed the bills, If those bills become law.

Heard on the news this morning, that Pro Gun groups are going to do the same thing Colorado did, and start a recall drive for the 10 Dems that pushed the bills, If those bills become law.

This is hopeful - http://bearingarms.com/gun-war-brewing-in-california-californians-gear-up-for-recall-effort-if-state-passes-most-restrictive-gun-laws-in-history/

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You know Gunner I have been telling people that same type of stuff ever since I moved back from Colorado in 1998, and everybody said oh no we can't do that or that I was full of S*** that will not work.

If I had the money I would have started pushing something like that in 1998.

If all the lazy pro gunners that don't do anything, if they would get off their ass, and band together with the ones that are doing something, we could get all the anti gunner on the ropes where we are and we could keep them there.

WE CAN NOT fight this fight fair and be nice doing it, we as pro gunner have to hit them harder and faster then they can hit us, make them spend their money defending themselves instead of us having to spend our money defending us. We will NEVER win if we have to keep defending ourselves

You know Gunner I have been telling people that same type of stuff ever since I moved back from Colorado in 1998, and everybody said oh no we can't do that or that I was full of S*** that will not work.

If I had the money I would have started pushing something like that in 1998.

If all the lazy pro gunners that don't do anything, if they would get off their ass, and band together with the ones that are doing something, we could get all the anti gunner on the ropes where we are and we could keep them there.

WE CAN NOT fight this fight fair and be nice doing it, we as pro gunner have to hit them harder and faster then they can hit us, make them spend their money defending themselves instead of us having to spend our money defending us. We will NEVER win if we have to keep defending ourselves

Like all four who are left in San Francisco and the two in Berkeley...? :(

Seriously, as much as I laud the "recall efforts," in the areas where they reside getting the hyper-liberal voters to do so would be like trying to convert a bunch of coyotes to vegans. :huh:

We just don't have the numbers... and they don't have the common sense. :(

So, why would anyone want a bullet button on a rifle? That seems like an awful way to swap mags. :huh:

Because otherwise you have to have a fixed magazine and load with either loose rounds or from a stripper clip. Which means pulling out pins and pivoting the upper away from the lower.

So, the Gov. vetoed SB374:

COMPLETE BILL HISTORYBILL NUMBER  : S.B. No. 374AUTHOR    : SteinbergTOPIC    : Firearms: assault weapons.TYPE OF BILL :                  Active                Non-Urgency                Non-Appropriations                Majority Vote Required                State-Mandated Local Program                Fiscal                Non-Tax LevyBILL HISTORY2013Oct. 11    In Senate. Consideration of Governor's veto pending.Oct. 11    Vetoed by the Governor.Sept. 20   Enrolled and presented to the Governor at  4:30 p.m.

But, the CA State Senate could still override that veto.

Archived