SASS Wire Forum

AMBUSH 2013- WHAT A HOOT

Ambush 2013----what a trip. Can it be topped? Maybe, but I doubt that the memories can ever be duplicated for this old cowboy. Lickskillet Charlie paid me back for a trick I played on him last year when he came to Guns of Autumn in Gainesville, Ga. I'm sure he won't ever forget that either.

The Judge celebrated his birthday with us at Ambush and I got to spend a lot of quality time with him. You just can't buy that kind of time. It has no price tag on it. Thank you Judge for that time. I will value it for the rest of my life.

Ambush 2013 was as perfect as a shoot can be carried off without a glitch. Well, it was almost perfect. I heard rumors that some shooters had brain fades but I think you have to consider who the shooter might be, don't you think?

Justice Lily Kate, what a hoot. Thank you for coming and making the party a complete success. The fun level went over the scale limit. You are an asset to the Judge and SASS. Please come back to Ambush and share in the fun with us.

I want to thank everyone from the top of the chain to the last man and woman who worked so hard to put on the "Greatest Show on Earth". You all deserve a great big hand of applause and a handshake and most of all for the ladies a great big hug. Without your dedication and hard work this fine shoot would not occur. Thank you one and all and I am sure I speak for all who attended.

I am looking forward to seeing what's instore for 2014.

Cherokee Charlie

Edited by Cherokee Charlie Regulator #4967, 08 October 2013 - 11:06 AM.

BMC,

I personally hope you don't get the Sheriff's report. I take the 5th. no matter what he says. Remember he also took the oath that "Whatever happens in the barn--stays in the barn."

BMC,

I personally hope you don't get the Sheriff's report. I take the 5th. no matter what he says. Remember he also took the oath that "Whatever happens in the barn--stays in the barn."

BMC....ole CC not only took the fifth, he also took the quarts and pints and jiggers and snifters and magnums. He even took Lickskillet Charlie's fancy tall water bottle but it wasn't water that was in it :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Kajun

Sob.........sniffle.........

I was only there for a grand total of three hours! Sob.............sniffle..........

But, it was a great three hours!

Bama Red,

I feel your pain. It sure was good to see you up and around.

BMC,

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Youse guys are a bunch of scalawags.

I would have probably been involved, had I been there. :lol:

BMC....ole CC not only took the fifth, he also took the quarts and pints and jiggers and snifters and magnums. He even took Lickskillet Charlie's fancy tall water bottle but it wasn't water that was in it :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Kajun

I'm guessing it weren't Holy Water either.

All I know is that when I took a toke...er I mean a sip...from that tall water bottle I was cured. I don't remember what I was cured of but I did have no pain, or sight, or hearing neither. I tell ya its MIRACLE WATER!!

Kajun

Last year at Ambush, I was given a bottle of Crown Royal, in its distinctive purple bag. Onliest thing was, the contents of the bottle were clear, absolutely clear. A certain gentleman of Southern extraction (Skittles, I mean you!), told me to make sure I kept it away from children, "sensitive" men, cats, dogs, and open flames! He also said not to spill it on anything that had a finish, as it could also be used as a paint, varnish, or skin remover. He also might have said that it was sometimes effective as a clothes and morals remover when applied internally to the ladies.

I'm writing all this mostly based on other peoples recollections of the occasion as mine is permanently fogged. I took a big, healthy swig and waited for the results. "Whoooooossssshhh!" That would have been the sound of the air leaving my lungs. Somehow, I found what was left of my voice, and managed to croak, "Smooth!", right before my eyesight left me. I am now personally familiar with the term, "the blind running staggers". Think of it as a puppet on strings being operated by a deranged monkey! A rather interesting concept, in the abstract, not so much when it's you dangling at the end of the strings! I'm sure there is more to the story, as I awoke the next morning missing my boots, my spurs tied around my shoulders, sticking out at right angles, and a bumper sticker across my butt that said, "Save A Horse - Ride A Cowboy"!

CC - the moral of this story is beware of Greeks bearing gifts, or...er...don't take Holy Water from Skittles!

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Bama,

I recall sipping from a jar on Wed. night and the next thing I remember it was Thurs. morning. I learned a lesson about the "jar" the hard way. I have sworn off LSC's gift's in a jar.

Oh no! Absolutely no confessions. What happens at Ambush stays at Ambush.

I have an idea!!!!!

Let's see if we can keep this thread going until Ambush 2014. What say ye?

Who all is coming to Ambush 2014??????????

Cherokee Charlie is coming.

LSC's Holy Water--take the lid off of the quart jar, dip finger in. Wet finger. Lick finger. This should be sufficient for an all nighter. Hurry up and screw the lid back on jar. It's habit forming. Sleep well. Snooring is optional.

glad it was a good event for you CC!

Also good to hear Harper was there, which means he's doing OK

CC,

Good to hear from you. Yes, the Judge seems to be doing just fine and JLK is a dang hoot to be around. She can light up a dark room. Hope all is well with you. Ambush was better than anyone expected. Can't wait until next year.

To go along with Charlie's post above, here is a picture taken of me with Judge Roy Bean and Justice Lily Kate at the Tennessee State Shoot at Wartrace this past weekend.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e47/BamaRed/Wartrace%202013/DSCN0479_zps9c7c5435.jpg

You're right, Charlie! JLK is a hoot! Really would have liked to spend more time listening to the two of them spin yarns.

Nice Pic,Bama. You sure get around.

Yeah, and I keep good company, too! ;)

Why Bama, I sure do appreciate the kind words.

BMC,

Are you trying to stir up trouble again?

Archived