SASS Wire Forum

dependency

Trigger Mike

If we have a friend who says he will do something but never does it do we not eventually learn to no longer trust that friend with anything important?

If our employer is financially strapped and keeps letting people go do we not start looking for a job before the a falls on us?

If we buy goods from a store or brand that constantly breaks or a car that is not reliable, do we not go somewhere else to get what we want?

Why, with so many times that our government has come close to defaulting (like a bankrupt employer) or refusal to pay benefits like a bad car, or unreliable friend would anyone decide to remain dependent on the government for anything other than the one thing they do best, defend the nation? We need to realize the government is not capable of reliably providing constant care for us and learn to try to become more self sufficient like we were originally. We need to strengthen the family bonds so that we have someone who loves us to fall back on in times of need.

The rub is that the addict can't see, feel or understand that logic. The addict is just out there lying cheating and stealing to get the next fix of whatever he is addicted to, whether it be booze, drugs, welfare payments, a bureaucracy job or a Senate seat.

Unfortunately there are far to many dependent and unable or willing to care for themselves. In Kalifornia the dependent keep their hand out and they keep getting more, illegal immigrants as an example. Now they get drivers licenses and almost got to sit on juries. The addicts (lawmakers) know that they now have a huge captive voting block that will vote them in each election cycle so that they can keep getting more stuff that we producers have to pay for.

This morning I was out in my workshop doing some woodworking and a van driven by a Hispanic lady pulls up next to my stack of oak firewood and opens the side door and starts throwing firewood into her van. I'm in the middle of a glue up and don't notice her right away and when I do I go out to confront her and she hauls a$$ out of my driveway with the side door still open. I called the sheriff and they would not even come out to investigate it.

My wife works on a large citrus and avocado ranch and they are in dire need of workers. The employment office sends out anglos, blacks and Latinos and none of them stay through the first day, most don't even come back for a paycheck. They tell the foreman that they can make more on unemployment. My wife calls the employment office to tell them about it and they just ask her if she wants more prospects to come out. They lost 60,000 field boxes of avocados last year because once they fall off the tree you can't sell them. They don't have enough labor to pick them and labor contractors won't pick fruit from high trees on trees on slopes anymore because of OSHA regulations. I know there are plenty of bodies to do the work but they just don't want to.

It looks to me like the dependent far outnumber those willing to work and provide for their families and it is probably going to be what does this great country in, IMHO, of course.

If we have a friend who says he will do something but never does it do we not eventually learn to no longer trust that friend with anything important?

Not a friend.

If our employer is financially strapped and keeps letting people go do we not start looking for a job before the a falls on us?

The best thing to do is be entrepreneurial.

If we buy goods from a store or brand that constantly breaks or a car that is not reliable, do we not go somewhere else to get what we want?

Sure.

Why, with so many times that our government has come close to defaulting (like a bankrupt employer) or refusal to pay benefits like a bad car, or unreliable friend would anyone decide to remain dependent on the government for anything other than the one thing they do best, defend the nation? We need to realize the government is not capable of reliably providing constant care for us and learn to try to become more self sufficient like we were originally. We need to strengthen the family bonds so that we have someone who loves us to fall back on in times of need.

Unfortunately there are far to many dependent and unable or willing to care for themselves. In Kalifornia the dependent keep their hand out and they keep getting more, illegal immigrants as an example. Now they get drivers licenses and almost got to sit on juries. The addicts (lawmakers) know that they now have a huge captive voting block that will vote them in each election cycle so that they can keep getting more stuff that we producers have to pay for.

This morning I was out in my workshop doing some woodworking and a van driven by a Hispanic lady pulls up next to my stack of oak firewood and opens the side door and starts throwing firewood into her van. I'm in the middle of a glue up and don't notice her right away and when I do I go out to confront her and she hauls a$$ out of my driveway with the side door still open. I called the sheriff and they would not even come out to investigate it.

My wife works on a large citrus and avocado ranch and they are in dire need of workers. The employment office sends out anglos, blacks and Latinos and none of them stay through the first day, most don't even come back for a paycheck. They tell the foreman that they can make more on unemployment. My wife calls the employment office to tell them about it and they just ask her if she wants more prospects to come out. They lost 60,000 field boxes of avocados last year because once they fall off the tree you can't sell them. They don't have enough labor to pick them and labor contractors won't pick fruit from high trees on trees on slopes anymore because of OSHA regulations. I know there are plenty of bodies to do the work but they just don't want to.

It looks to me like the dependent far outnumber those willing to work and provide for their families and it is probably going to be what does this great country in, IMHO, of course.

CA has 12% of the US population, yet 37% of those on welfare in the US! And more legal citizens (as well as illegals) coming daily to apply for these benefits........

All while the corporations and productive citizen workers are LEAVING California in droves.

Until 5 years ago, California had never had a net decrease in population. It has now been 5 years of net decrease, and that includes counting the estimated illegals entering.

California was once the capital of US aerospace industry. Two years ago, the last one moved its headquaterers out of the state. I could go on...........

Archived