SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Waddies

FancyFree#23612L

Tom Muley.... You's gonna miss out on them cookies!!

Fancy Free and Footloose I am looking forward to seeing you!! Save me a crumb! and Velvet likes oatmeal cookies too!

Thank you all you Waddies for your hard work!! See ya SOon

Hugs n Kisses Helda

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Tom Muley and no Rooster,

It won't seem like EOT with out you guys being there.

How are we supposed to make do?

Seems like you've been at all the big shoots I've ever been to.

I'm sure going to miss both of you and I know the rest of the waddies will also!

LLC

PS, Pie Crust, it just seems that way. Besides, you don't think Fancy would let us shirk or anything do you? If you do, I can tell you haven't met Fancy......

She runs the Waddie shack like a Field Marshal, you know the kind with a big baton they hit the troops with!

Fancy, J/K...we all love you....

Sure am going to miss everyone this year, I have a lower back injury (2 collaped disks), and it has been hurting something awful latley, I do beleive I will be getting a surgery for it sometime soon though, or so it seems. Then to add insult to injury we just got the news that my dad has cancer. I feel like I have been living in "the house of Job" (from the old Testement in the Bible) these past few months, despite all the disappointments going around for my family and I, we still have our Spirits up, and trust in God. There is a lack of physical ability and $$$ to make it to EOT this year for Lydia and I, we hope to be able to make it next year. Hope everyone has a great time, and that this years EOT is the best ever!

I added a couple more recipes to my archives you might wana check out, if you havent seen it latley:

http://roostersass55199.blogspot.com/

Rooster & Lydia,

We sure are gonna miss you both, and NOT just cuz of the food!

Tom Footloose and I can sure help out with the fixins for a chuckwagon, I think we just about got it all. If you can find the $$$ we could sure help ya out.

Cookies are being baked and frozen as I type!

Let's see....should be about....65 days till we get there.

YEEEE HAAAAAA

Guest Tom Muley, SASS #27759

Fancy, thanks for the offer, I knew there was a good reason I liked you guys a whole bunch. But, things don't look to good for this to happen and I really don't think it is that big a deal (or a must) for a chuck wagon demo at EoT. Sounds to me that there is a lot events, shooting, and entertainment to keep everyone busy.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Fancy Free and Footloose, This is Sgt. Johnny Lee and I signed up as soon as they put it on the wire. I'm just coming as a waddie this year and not competing in the mounted shooting. To low on money to bring my horse and cart. See y'all soon, Sgt. Johnny Lee :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Well, I received my letter assigning me to Reception/BAR/Hospitality, so I'm ready to go. Who else will be charmin' folks with me?

Only one question---who or what is Pigpen? I've been assigned to Pigpen and not sure if that means I'm sloppin' the hogs or workin' with a "Charlie Brown" character.

Pie (who thought about takin' the alias Pigpen since I is a little like the one in the comics [always gettin' dirty]) Crust

Pie Crust,

OMG....They gave you to PigPen?!!!

That's almost as bad as working with Travis! :rolleyes:

Actually,

PigPen is a person, not at all Charlie Brown like, except he's very nice and he'll take care of you just fine (as long as you keep them apple crisps coming).

Welcome aboard Capt. James Callahan, I hope you had advance notice of what kind of crowd you are joining.....

It sure will be nice to see some of my old(er) pards.

Pepper is working with Tess again this year.

Laylow

Piecrust, Pigpen is a Great guy to work with.You will have a ball.

If ya have any other questions send me an email and I'll try and answer them

Hey Saul,

I don't think that's the true at all, but just in case, please leave the whiteface at home, scared my grandson near to death coming out from behind that tree like that!

Besides if they was mad at me, they would have sent me CryKeeper "the man who has sworn to drink all my booze!" so he could get at it!

I think DVS will be there and Doc and I don't know who else is coming, but it sure will be nice to see all of them!

I hope Cactus Kallie, Ranger Pat are back again,

Anyway Saul, I'll intro you to them Rio Grande Rengades who are MOSTLY a great bunch of pards.

Watch out for the guy in the red long johns, he keeps changin his alias!

LLC

Fancy,

Send me your cookie recipe and your favorite apple crisp recipe.

Thank you, my dear.

Old Man Muley

Hey Tom,I have tried to send ya a couple of emules and they have come back.

I don't think I've got your correct address.

Mine is on my profile, or you can send me a PM with the right one.

I've got the recipes ready, just can't get them to ya . :D

ONLY 33 DAYS till we get there.

This may be a stupid "newbie" question, but what day and time do I show up?

My letter says to check in at the Waddie Shack when I arrive, and tells me my assignment, but doesn't go any further than that. I remember that the intenet sign-up page asked me for which days I was available, but I don't remember exactly what I put down, other than the fact that I wasn't available in the evenings and Sunday was out. I already plan to take the whole week off from work, but I just need somebody to tell me when I should show up.

Thanks.

Rev. Reed

You’re application stated that you will be available for Tuesday the 26th

The intent of the letter is to notify you to check in at the Waddie Shack when (depending ing day you stated) you arrive and ready to work

Thanks

See you there

Drago

Rev. Reed

You’re application stated that you will be available for Tuesday the 26th

The intent of the letter is to notify you to check in at the Waddie Shack when (depending ing day you stated)  you arrive and ready to work

Thanks

See you there

Drago

450890[/snapback]

Well, something doesn't compute! Doesn't EOT run from the 16th - 25th? If so, then I am assuming that I should show up on Tuesday, June 19th. (At least I hope so, since I have taken the week of the 18th-22nd as vacation.)

First shift starts at 7:00 AM, how much earlier do I need to be there?

Rev. Reed you are assigned to Nighthunter's group in the parking / camping and gate area. I don't have your application in front of me but if you are staying at the ranch meet with Nighthunter at 7 AM on the 19th. He will direct you in your duties and if there is a different time to start.

IF you can go to the waddie shack before the 19th we will see to it you get your waddie package and hopefully introduce you to Nighthunter. The letter waddies are receiving is a generalized form and generally speaking waddies only need to show up at the waddie shack to "sign-in" each day to get paid and to get their raffle and meal tickets. We will arrange it so that is done as soon as possible. If there are any other questions please contact me. Thanks and see you there.

Travis

Rev. Reed you are assigned to Nighthunter's group in the parking / camping and gate area.  I don't have your application in front of me but if you are staying at the ranch meet with Nighthunter at 7 AM on the 19th.  He will direct you in your duties and if there is a different time to start. 

IF you can go to the waddie shack before the 19th we will see to it you get your waddie package and hopefully introduce you to Nighthunter.  The letter waddies are receiving is a generalized form and generally speaking waddies only need to show up at the waddie shack to "sign-in" each day to get paid and to get their raffle and meal tickets.  We will arrange it so that is done as soon as possible.  If there are any other questions please contact me.  Thanks and see you there.

Travis

451428[/snapback]

Thanks Travis. I won't be staying at the Ranch since I live in Albuquerque. I will try to make it out on Monday so as to meet the folks, get instructions, and figure out what I am doing. Any suggestion on best time to do this?

I expect we will be there working after 8 AM on Monday, but I don't have Nighthunter's schedule. I expect he will be there as well.

Fancyfree you have to be there oh soooooooooooooooooo early to make the coffee and cookies, then sweep clean, get the chair(s) out, then keep you know who calm and then....

Rev Read,

Nighthunter is a great guy.

He will work you as hard as you would like to work and no more.

On one hand, I'm sure they will get their dollar a day and found out of you.

On the other hand, Fancy Free makes Cookies. Very Good Cookies. You must ask very politely for a cookie from Fancy.

or the alternative is:

She always makes extra for Travis, 'cuse we all take Travis's cookies.

I like to start the day by stuffing in 2 or 3 to get my blood sugars up...

Welcome to the crowd and I hope to meet you soon.

LLC

The Rev. is going to have to pass on the cookies, since he has lost about 100 pounds in the last year and is looking to lose another 30 or so. Of course, that means more for the rest of you.

Here is what I am going to do. I will drive out to Edgewood on Monday afternoon, dressed in 21st century garb (jeans, modern boots, etc.) to check things out and possibly meet Nighthunter. Then, I will be prepared to show up at whatever hour on Tuesday they want me in period garb, and each day thereafter.

Fancy looks like we all have a little extra to do again this year Travis is going to need all the help we can give him, I am bring my big stong 13 year old grandson to help him.( Buckshot Johnson Jr). Make the coffee strong and Hot.

See you at EOT

Bighorn

It will be done. :D

By the way Travis,,,,,Do you still have the coffee pot I donated to the Waddie shack, or do I need to bring another one?

I have one I drag around every year (I hope I didn't steal yours without looking closely at it) and have it packed for the trip. We will have to "borrow" some coffee cups, sugar and cream from our neighbors in the "Big Tent" and with the price of gas, we may have to eat the free meals and drink nothing but that red and white water from France. It's good thing we know where the holes in the storage shed fence are.

Travis,

Yep, that's the one you "liberated" from the Waddie shack.

Give it back and Fancy may, MAY, let you live. (only if you don't wear your wooly thong)!

That picture should have people running around grabbing their face going "MY EYES, MY EYES! ;):D:D "

25 days (or so) and counting........

LLC

Laylow, Travis NEVER steals anything,,,, He may requisition something once in a while, but he is entitled.

By the way I am also bringing my first aid kit for the shack.

Cookies, asprin,and a bottle of ??????

I'll have some coffee and stuff to get us atarted, YES, cups too!I hate to see cowboys with their heads under the coffee spout. :D

Counting down 30 days til we get there.

Fancy, sent you a PM for info....

"Liberated" I said "liberated" not steal. We all know Travis would not steal, he "liberates" things.....

Pepper bought a "Bartenders Guide" so she will be bringing a whole bunch of "adult beverages" for all of us.

Bring a bottle of what ever you and Footloose like, and we will all drink it too!

I'm bringing all sorts of stuff, but you can never have too much hooch!

LLC

All you lucky 'waddies' that get Fancy's cookies, what a great treat. I just made a batch for my Mom for Mother's Day, they were extra yummy.

Thank you Fancy for the recipe.

Archived