SASS Wire Forum

We are brand new to SASS and need some help

South Pass Kid

Can anyone tell if there is a big cost difference between reloading 38 and reloading 45 colt? our original plan was .38 for pistol and rifle but I am noticing that there seems to be more 45LC out there available.

I reload both calibers(I use about 1000-1500 rounds a year combined) and it cost me about $2.00 more per hundred to load the .45 Colt vs. the 38 special.

Thanks Tornado, do you have a preference when shooting?

There is a good reason for the availability of used .45 stuff.

What would that be? No one wants them?

Everyone (including me) thinks they want to start out with Matt Dillon's caliber, the caliber that won the West -- The Mighty 45 Colt aka 45 Long Colt.

Then after a while in this game they realize there is a reason all their pards are ALL shooting 38 specials.

That is why there are so many 45C firearms for sale and why they are cheaper than 38s.

Supply and demand.

Everyone (including me) thinks they want to start out with Matt Dillon's caliber, the caliber that won the West -- The Mighty 45 Colt aka 45 Long Colt.

Then after a while in this game they realize there is a reason all their pards are ALL shooting 38 specials.

That is why there are so many 45C firearms for sale and why they are cheaper than 38s.

Supply and demand.

Makes sense thanks

Supply and demand.

And of course there are a few of us that are stubborn (like me) and like sticking with .45 Colt and will readily nab up all possible .45s for sale. :P

Thanks Tornado, do you have a preference when shooting?

I shoot .45 only, my Dad and little brother shoot the 38's. The main reason I went with 45 Colt was I love cap & ball conversion revolvers. It is far easier to convert 44's to shoot 45 Colts than it is the convert 36 to 38 spl.

I am more of a collector and I like do not have any matched pairs.

South Pass Kid,

Welcome to Cowboy Action Shooting.

If you'll e-Mail your mailing address to me at HappyTrails4461@cox.net I have a number of cowboy shirts and pants in size XL that I can send to you. l am no longer an XL and would love to have you put them to good use.

Hap

Happy Trails I got the package today ..... From the whole family THANKS!!!!!!!!

I just did some lookin' and have a few guns I might part with. I love that your Family wants to do this sport together. Please

P/M me for more info on the guns & more chatter.

5 Toes I sent you a pm a while back but I don't think you got it????

South Pass, I just posted a rifle and holster rig ad if you're interested.

I'll take a look

If you've got anybody with a size 7 noggin' I might have a couple of hats that need a home.

Send me back the shipping cost once you have them if you want keep them.

PM me you're address and I'll put them on a wagon headed your way.

Ok so we would like to wrap this up with a huge THANK YOU from all of us. We never in a million years thought that we would received this much support and assistance, this is an outstanding group of people. We actually can't wait to be in the a position where we can pay it forward to someone new. I have taken note of everyone who has helped us with either advice or actual items and we will be keeping an eye out for you folks at shoots and as we travel the US in the RV (cant wait to retire in about 13 years ..lol)

THANKS!

South Pass Kid, Ruby Rae, and Lady Dakota

Hey Kid and family, I hear you. A friend suggestd I go check it out and one time I was hooked. I married my long time hobby of wood working to reloading and came up with a business to help support my new hobby...

Eventually you will get into reloading. I recommend this site t help you decide what kind of equiptment you is best for you. http://ultimatereloader.com I wish I would have found this first, I may have done something different.

Sincerely,

Paladin Ralph

Have Pencils, Will Travel

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 14, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 14, 2013 - No reason given

Also, if you decide to get long guns for each of you, I can build you a cart to carry 6 guns. All my carts include and Igloo cooler and a seat. But only one can sit at a time, so you gotta take turns.

Also, if you decide to get long guns for each of you, I can build you a cart to carry 6 guns. All my carts include and Igloo cooler and a seat. But only one can sit at a time, so you gotta take turns.

I will check it out thanks

SPK

Hello,

Time to read the SASS Wire Guidelines on the following Website. http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

"The SASS Wire is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Commercial Posts, Pile On Infomercials or links from merchants or dealers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be suspended from using the SASS Wire...SASS reserves the right to disallow ...commercial posts... and will delete such posts without notice."

Sometimes other people will post a link to a well-known site. This is usually left alone. It is like a recommendation. Plugging your own site is a "commercial post."

Regards,

Allie Mo

Is it ok to say to the Kid to email me at...?

Yea, we would not want some other potential new shooter to accidentally stumble upon this thread and learn of a place to have a gun cart made by a fellow cowboy.

:wacko:

We have Guidelines. If you don't like them, petition to have them changed or find another forum for your sarcasm.

FYI, No one is stopping Ralph from posting something like the following: "Maybe I can help with a gun cart. I sent you a PM."

Archived