SASS Wire Forum

Branson Convention

hambone

Hello the camp; My wife and I are seriously considering going to the convention in December. With us being new to the game she is having trouble with her costuming. We will be attending the ball and the river boat cruise if we go and she wanted me to ask all you ladies on here to give her some advice as to the proper costuming. I have given her the last couple of issues of the Chronicle to look through and get some ideas so i'm not sure what she's really asking. I think this is a woman thing and i'll leave it to you ladies to advise on garments. Any advise would be appreciated.

Hambone 98165

Send Allie Mo a PM. She is into costuming and will be at the Convention. She might also enjoy logging on to the Belle Alley website for ideas. No-one will be looked down on because their poutfit isn't the best. It is all about having fun. It would be more enjoyable for her at the Ball if she had a nice dress though.

Hi Hambone,

Not everyone "dresses to the nines." However, most will wear something appropriate to wear to a match, 1800s or B-Western.

I'm still working on getting someone to make me a dress for the "ball." I have never really worn something following the ball's theme and thought, if I could get someone else to make it, I might this time. For some reason, I get inhibited when trying to fit into a specific theme. Whatever I come up with, I will wear something dressy for the ball.

I have a costume that I will probably wear all day and evening the day of the cruise. That is about the only item I'm sure about. I'm feeling inhibited by flying and carting lots of hats.

Send me a PM and I'll send you my email if I can help with more information.

Regards,

Allie Mo

The theme of the ball being a reconciliation ball sounds a whole lot like a civil war era ball. The civil war lady is not a bad place to start looking for ball gowns or at least styles of ball gowns. CW era gowns will have much fuller skirts than the 1880s or 1890s and probably would not have a prominent bustle. Hoop skirts de rigueur. OMG why would a guy know this stuff.

Hambone, some good info on ladies period costuming and time periods on this site: http://trulyvictorian.com/history.html

Laz

The theme of the ball being a reconciliation ball sounds a whole lot like a civil war era ball. The civil war lady is not a bad place to start looking for ball gowns or at least styles of ball gowns. CW era gowns will have much fuller skirts than the 1880s or 1890s and probably would not have a prominent bustle. Hoop skirts de rigueur. OMG why would a guy know this stuff.

:o:P:D !!! and your signature line "Queen of Battle"?!? Are you a fashion designer or reporter! :lol:

Just pullin yer leg - yer probably a CW buff, or married to a great gal who plays in SASS and you are attentive!. :)

:o:P:D !!! and your signature line "Queen of Battle"?!? Are you a fashion designer or reporter! :lol:

Just pullin yer leg - yer probably a CW buff, or married to a great gal who plays in SASS and you are attentive!. :)

He is an Infantryman, by God! :FlagAm::)

Pretty spot on.

Yeah, I know this stuff too. :D Ya kinda pick it up after watching the wife research and sew for days on end. ;)

even if you do not attend the convention

please take the time to talk with your TG to discuss agenda items

even if your TG does not go, your clubs vote can be done by proxy

+1

One thing I think me and MM agree on.

Archived