SASS Wire Forum

WTB Holster for S & W Governor

Trigger Mike

I need a shoulder holster for a S & W Governor. It needs to have some way to stay close to my body and not flap around like the generic one strap one I have now. It needs to be adjustable so my wife or I can wear it. It is to be used for when walking in the woods to protect my wife from rattle snakes and other vermin. A holster for the Taurus Judge will not work since the Governor holds an extra round and is shaped different.

I am on the hunt for a Kydex holster, that i can incorporate the Blackhawk mount into.

Desantis makes a leather shoulder rig - http://www.opticsplanet.com/desantis-new-york-undercover-shoulder-holster-rig-for-s-w-governor.html. Not sure if this is what your looking for.

Kidd

I have been getting custom Kydex holsters from a local fella who tells me that people who do this can be found throughout the country. I have a shoulder holster for a J-frame .32 mag and a shoulder holster for a NAA Earl for about $40 each. Since the actual gun is used to make the holster, they fit pretty well. The maker can adjust the tension during the curing process.

I have seen several of these types of makers at local gun shows. They likely advertise at your gun shop too.

Unless you and your wife are pretty close to the same size I think you might be asking too much of the holster. Plus every time you switch you have to re-adjust everything. IMHO as someone who has made a few shoulder holsters.

Unless you and your wife are pretty close to the same size I think you might be asking too much of the holster. Plus every time you switch you have to re-adjust everything. IMHO as someone who has made a few shoulder holsters.

I figure as much. If I can at least get one that fits my wife so it will be comfortable for her so she will use it then I can still use the generic one I have it in now when I am on my tractor

Archived