SASS Wire Forum

My thoughts on Hell Fire

Dream Chaser, SASS #79316

First let me say thanks to my home club members ET and Snoopy Doyle who went to Hell Fire last year and suggested I go this year. Their praise of the match was followed up by kudos from Complicated Lady so I figured I needed to make this one. Slick and his wife, as well as his shooting "family", ran a real nice match well worth going to. Widow Maker Hill put on an informative seminar on the 97 followed by a session on taking down the Marlin. He took mine down and it was full of junk and he waited patiently while I cleaned it and then showed me how to put it back. I was on a super good working posse run by Bent Barrel Betty (now sporting a beautiful Ladies Overall buckle) and her running pard, Kow Katcher (sporting the Ladies Senior Double Duelist Buckle). Can never say enough about these two fine ladies except that we did not get to spend enough time chit chatting. And lastly thanks go out to my traveling pard and fairly new cowboy shooter Tequila Diamond, who now, in her first year of shooting cowboy, has a 3rd place buckle won in the tough Ladies Wrangler class. If she and I have the coins to make the roughly 650 mile trip we will return next year. Oh yeah, the buckle were as promised, pretty and good quality.

As far as how the actually stages were.....well, the targets were of decent size and up close. Movement on every stage but no long distance sprints. On almost all stages what you did with the pistol you did with the rifle. There was pretty much a pattern that if you got firm in your mind you would not get a procedure but of course we all have the ability to lose sight of what we are suppose to do.

Met some good people who I hope to shoot with in the future. Seemed there were a bunch of shooters from other states like Michigan, Georgia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and who know where else. Liked the attitude shown by all, even when we had to shoot in the rain. Good match, good people, good fun!

Dream Chaser SASS#79316

Indeed it was a great match and a great time!

Thanks again to Slick McClade and the Jackson Hole Regulators for a great time in Louisiana! Hope to be there next year for the State Championship!

Until next time,

Whiskey Kid

Yep - real glad I went to this match.

It was wonderful!

If folks want to know how to run a match...set-up and hospitality...go to Hell Fire 2014.

Oh, and also got to finally meet WidderBorg...he's a lot nicer in person then here on the Wire.

Phantom

Great match, great Pards and 80% great weather...... ;)

I must say, I felt honored to meet Phantom, Red Knee, Blackfish Kid, Colt Faro, Matt Black, Anvil Al (great bullets AL), Crosscut Hardy, Texas Gator, Complicated Lady, Dream Chaser, and a host of other Pards of whom I had never met, like Choctaw Slim and Gunsmith Frank. WOW, I was overwhelmed, to say the least.

WARNING: you folks in Oklahoma need to watch out for RED KNEE and his 97. He's a smokin good shooter with that thing.

A public 'THANK YOU' to Gunsmith Frank for bringing me some needed parts.

PLUS, I got to renew some older friendships with Possum, Slick, Ivory, Lily Bleu, Johnny Morris, Dragon Hill Dave, Slicks Sharp Shooter, Georgia Slick, Prestidigitator, Krazy Kajon, Cherokee Sgt (the more I seem to talk with this feller, the more I enjoy the conversations), Dew R Dye, Potshot Parker, Dancing Duelist and numerous others.

Right now, I know I'm forgetting some names and I trully apologize. EVERYONE was great and friendly.

If the next time you see SLICK and his backside seems to be missing, its probably because he worked his butt off to help ensure that everyone had a great time.

THANKS SLICK!

The Bunkhouse Boss and I enjoyed Louisiana and all the Cajun hospitality. Sure was fun shooting with a bunch of Texans also.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

..........Widder

Dream Chaser, I think you nailed it right on the head! A GREAT MATCH! Even the rain couldn't dampen spirits!

Phantom called it right too; anybody who wants to know how to set up and run a match couldn't go far wrong copying Hellfire! Good fast stages, excellent props, and target placement. The scenarios were challenging yet not brain teasers or any P-traps. Slick did an excellent job in all aspects in this match!

It was great to meet Widder, see lots of old friends and shoot with some new ones, as well.

I was quite humbled to be inducted into the Jedi Gunfighter group, and would like to thank any one and everyone who had any input into this. I was also very excited to place 2nd in gunfighter class behind the great Possum Skinner.

This was my first trip to the Jackson Hole Regulators and my first Hellfire--I certainly hope it won't be my last.

Most of it has already been said but I need to add some more things again Slick and his family are something special they put on one of the best shoots I have been to Miss Hitem and I offered to adopt his son daughter and mother n law and bring them home with us but I don't think they would like all the northern Italian food it was an honor to meet Wiidowmaker Hill and other gunsmith colleagues as we were able to pass on to each other some more tricks of the trade great posse great shoot Miss Hitem and I will go back

Gunsmith Frank

Well....Hell Fire!

Slick knows how to do it up right....

Me n my pards from Oklahoma had an awesome weekend and will be back for Hell Fire 14....

Being a 97 addict....The highlight of the weekend for me was getting to meet WIDDER !!!!

Spent most of the afternoon Friday at

the fastest shotgun stage with him, runnin the timer for him as he kept shootin it faster! HELL FIRE!

Thanks WIDDER for lettin this long haired country boy hang with ya!

Red Knee

Archived