SASS Wire Forum

Guess I'm gonna have to learn to like Dunkin' and Micky D

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/24908-even-as-starbucks-kicks-out-open-carrying-customers-mcdonalds-and-dunkin-donuts-invite-them-in-as-long-as-its-an-open-carry-jurisdiction/

McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts, both of which stalwart fast food and
coffee outlets have seen Starbucks nipping away at their customer base
over the years, were quick to take advantage of this opportunity. Both
of them have issued statements saying that their stores and franchises
have gun policies that are completely consistent with their jurisdiction
in which they are located. If it’s a locality that bans all guns, that
will be the McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts’ policy. However, if it’s a
locality that allows either concealed carry or open carry, you are still
welcome in their stores.

That's OK Dunkin's coffee is way better than starbucks.

Starbucks is good too (and the one around here doesn't care if you're packin' heat or not) - different strokes for different folks...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

WHile I am not a Starbucks patron, I'm not angry with them. The company was perfectly content to remain neutral and go with whatever state law is regarding OC or CCW. Even now, they are not banning guns in their stores.

Instead they got dragged into a political s**tstorm. It certainly did not help our cause when CT gunowners decided to do an open carry event in Newtown, CT. Starbucks wisely choose to close that store that day. Does anyone REALLY think an open carry event in CT, in the very town those poor children and teachers were murdered was a good idea? It was a PR disaster.

WHile I am not a Starbucks patron, I'm not angry with them. The company was perfectly content to remain neutral and go with whatever state law is regarding OC or CCW. Even now, they are not banning guns in their stores.

Instead they got dragged into a political s**tstorm. It certainly did not help our cause when CT gunowners decided to do an open carry event in Newtown, CT. Starbucks wisely choose to close that store that day. Does anyone REALLY think an open carry event in CT, in the very town those poor children and teachers were murdered was a good idea? It was a PR disaster.

PR disaster because people put the problem on firearms instead of the perp. Its easier for them to do that instead of understanding the existence of evil and not making the human being accountable...

Did this event happen immediately after the Newtown trajedy?

GG

PR disaster because people put the problem on firearms instead of the perp. Its easier for them to do that instead of understanding the existence of evil and not making the human being accountable...maybe...just maybe they had this event to show that most folks with firearms are peaceful and neighborly.

If some maniac took a '68 'cuda and mowed down a bunch of innocents...children amongst them...and a group of folks, not even associated with the maniac, wanted to have a classic car show at the park a month or so later...would that be in bad taste?

Plus..if the regular law abiding citizens shouldn't open carry lawfully is it bad that law enforcement is allowed to carry openly? .I mean...maybe they should stand in solidarity and put away their firearms too and keep them out of the public eye....think about it....

Did this event happen immediately after the Newtown trajedy? What was the tone of the event? Were the participants understanding and sympathetic in their interactions with folks...a lot of things too consider....

Can you share a link to this event...

GG

PR disaster because people put the problem on firearms instead of the perp. Its easier for them to do that instead of understanding the existence of evil and not making the human being accountable...maybe...just maybe they had this event to show that most folks with firearms are peaceful and neighborly.

If some maniac took a '68 'cuda and mowed down a bunch of innocents...children amongst them...and a group of folks, not even associated with the maniac, wanted to have a classic car show at the park a month or so later...would that be in bad taste?

Plus..if the regular law abiding citizens shouldn't open carry lawfully is it bad that law enforcement is allowed to carry openly? .I mean...maybe they should stand in solidarity and put away their firearms too and keep them out of the public eye....think about it....

Did this event happen immediately after the Newtown trajedy? What was the tone of the event? Were the participants understanding and sympathetic in their interactions with folks...a lot of things too consider....

Can you share a link to this event...

GG

It was supposed to happen during the last "Starbucks Appreciation Day" and most of the responsible proponents of OC in CT choose not to particpate.

I'm wondering, since Starbucks is basically wanting to not get caught in the middle of a political/civil rights debate, if there will be a new corporate policy asking people to keep all politics and causes out of their stores?

Turning a neautral into an enemy isn't good PR for us. And when it comes right down to it, Starbucks can far more afford to lose shooters as a customer base then the college and liberal crowd that is their main customer base.

I live in CT and when the most vocal proponent of OC, a person who has had repeated interactions with LE over him OCing, who has a lawyer on speed dial for precisely that reason, chooses not to participate, then maybe it wasn't a good idea here.

I live in CT and when the most vocal proponent of OC, a person who has had repeated interactions with LE over him OCing, who has a lawyer on speed dial for precisely that reason, chooses not to participate, then maybe it wasn't a good idea here.

OK...that's ONE person...there's always going to be one that is extreme. I don't base opinion of whether something is good or bad if one person of that type feels its not a good idea. Don't paint a picture to all the other Open Carry folks who wish to partipate in exercising their right.

GG

Archived