SASS Wire Forum

Source for in-expensive #7 / #8 Shot

Charlie T Waite

Anyone have a good source for in-expensive #7 / #8 Shot? Looked at RotoMetals, but have heard some horror stories so was not very sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie

Do pay attention to prices. I was just looking at the Roto website yesterday and was unsure what they actually had in stock and it's price.

There are at least 2 gun shops near that have 25lb bags for around $45 a bag. Not sure why Roto's reclaimed is $52. They don't seem to have anything but hardened, copper plated, and reclaimed. And the reclaimed is more expensive than the new.

Wideners has Magnum (same as Roto wants $52 for) for $44. http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|321|339 It's been in stock for the last few months. Just wish they had gotten powder in the last few months.

Badman bullets has (out of stock now) very nice reclaimed shot for $33 a bag, shipping on 2 bags is $12.

They will email when back in stock.

Anyone who uses a lot of shot normally hooks up with a Trap and Skeet club and buys reclaimed (cheapest) or group-purchased new shot. Ask shotgun shooters locally for your best deals.

Roto is VERY expensive unless you plan to split up a ton or more among friends.

Good luck, GJ

I recently ordered 50lbs from Badman Bullets, which is probably the best internet deal on lead shot at the moment.

I have also used this guy in Florida that reclaims, washes, re-melts and tumbles for 4 hours in Graphite. It is more like "re-manufactured" shot, as opposed to just reclaimed. 50lbs delivered for $87.00. Pretty good stuff. He can be found on Gun Broker HERE.

I bought 100 lbs from a man in FL. his email address is trapshot22@tampabay.rr.com is was cheaper than anyone else.Email him for prices.

I recently ordered 50lbs from Badman Bullets, which is probably the best internet deal on lead shot at the moment.

I have also used this guy in Florida that reclaims, washes, re-melts and tumbles for 4 hours in Graphite. It is more like "re-manufactured" shot, as opposed to just reclaimed. 50lbs delivered for $87.00. Pretty good stuff. He can be found on Gun Broker HERE.

I've used this fella too, $87 shipped.

Fillmore

I would use him too... IF he took paypal or any kind of plastic

I use Roto Metals.... I'm just waiting for another 'discount code' to surface

New 25 lb bags at my Sportsman's Wearhouse $49.00.

Pain

Had to run into town a while ago, stopped by Sheels, they happened to have several 25 lb bags of Lawrence #7 1/2 magnum for $40, only thing was limit of 1 per customer, so got 1, but will check the other suggestions here. I know this has been discussed before, but couldn't find it. I appreciate all the help.

Forgot to add that while there picked up 2 lbs Unique, 2 lbs HP 38, 1 lb H 4189 & 1 lb of FFG, so should be set for a couple matches.

Thanks

Charlie

Archived