SASS Wire Forum

Nothing from the NRA

Curley Fryes

I joined the NRA on September 13th, but have not received anything from them via email or regular mail yet, except for an email thanking me for joining. Does anybody know how long it takes to receive a membership number or anything else?

Probably 3-4 weeks is about average. They're not particularly fast.

Probably 3-4 weeks is about average. They're not particularly fast.

+1 this ^ Normal for just about most anything - be patient.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Don't worry, they will more than make up for any delays in starting to send you mail....you'll get plenty.....and phone calls....and emails....and smoke signals....and telegrams....and whatever else way they can reach you.

They called every night for over a week, my wife answered each time and I was either busy or not home. They never said who they were and were quite rude to my wife. I finally was able to come to the phone Sunday night when they called and told them since they were so rude in their phone calls to not call again.

Patience my friend they will get to you and get to you and get to you....................................

Rye :lol:

Don't worry, they will more than make up for any delays in starting to send you mail....you'll get plenty.....and phone calls....and emails....and smoke signals....and telegrams....and whatever else way they can reach you.

You can opt out of that if you want.

Apparently it is, in fact, possible to opt out and without doing very much, either. I get no calls or junk mail and have been a life member for many years. Wish I could share how I done it!

If the NRA sends you unwanted e-mail, there is an instruction at the bottom on opting out. It works.

If you do not want to receive mailings from them, call 1-800-672-3888.

I don't mind getting updates and even pleas for money. I get those from less worthwhile organizations all the time.

I get mail from the NRA and most of it winds up in the wastebasket. I don't know about phone calls because I let the answering machine handle those and they usually just hang up.

What irks me is gun owners who say they won't belong to the NRA because of the junk mail. Really? I guess they don't have wastebaskets! The NRA is our friend and despite the annoying junk mail they are "looking out for us". I became a life member this year when they had that $300.00 special. Good deal!

Rye :)

September 13th? Your check probably is just now clearing the bank!

I paid by credit card online. I emailed them to get my membership number and within 10 minutes they gave that to me. They also told me I should be receiving my magazine, Bass Pro Shops gift card, duffel bag, and hat within 2 weeks, but probably wouldn't receive the written informaton until about 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm a life member and I just told them not to phone anymore. I get a little snail & email but absolutely 0 phone calls.

+1 Just a few snail and email. Don't mind at all.

They have pissed me off iwth occasional decisions and strategy, but over all very good .We need the large voice, weight and presence they bring to counter the lefty loons and their lapdog media who pull the emotional hearstrings of those many in our country who do not know better, yet..

Archived