SASS Wire Forum

The Navy Yard Shooting

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Obama’s Position: It's the guns

The NRA’s Position #1: Increased security is needed

The NRA's Position #2: Get maniacs off the street

For some reason,I find myself agreeing with the NRA on this! :D

The struggle continues so steel your nerve, remain resolute and soldier on my friends... :FlagAm:

It is easy to demonize an object. It is easy to convince the majority of Americans (who only know what they "know" about guns from the TV and or movies) that guns are inherently evil, that without them, humans would not be moved to do mass or single murders. Where the NRA, GOA miss the boat is how they approach the public on the issue. NRA is getting there sort of, by pointing out the mental illness issue. Remember that the theory of the "Big Lie" has been proven to work. What the gun rights movement needs is to pick a single issue and make it the main stream focal point. Wrap the other issues in and slowly expand them to cover the ownership-use of guns 2nd Amendment issue. Logic and facts are lost on the majority of the voters until they are educated and or have a personal stake in an issue. Usually losing some freedom, or being restricted from a freedom; will motivate the populace which has been trained to be sheep at the government behest over the last 80 - 90 years. A good example of that is the recent Colorado recalls.

The strongest fight and generally succesful move in this area is the expansion of concealed carry and or open carry in states over the last 20 years. The fight for the next 20 has begun and will cost the people who value their freedom in many ways over the next three years. What must be done, if there is to be any hope for continued firearms freedom, is serious commitment on the part of all gun owners regardless of being hunters, competative shooters, or just having a gun to go plink with on occasion; is to begin a grass roots collective and organized process to contact as many people from phone banks and walking the streets as possible to support candidates that support us.

Obama’s Position: It's the guns

The NRA’s Position #1: Increased security is needed

The NRA's Position #2: Get maniacs off the street

For some reason,I find myself agreeing with the NRA on this! :D

The struggle continues so steel your nerve, remain resolute and soldier on my friends... :FlagAm:

Me too....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived