SASS Wire Forum

Starbucks latest "request"

Dastardly Dave

I just heard on the news that Starbucks CEO has requested that all patrons not bring their firearms into any Starbucks store. Having carried a firearm for 31 years as a law enforcement officer and allowed by my agency to carry a CCW now that I have retired, I will comply with their request and keep my guns out of Starbucks. I will also keep my wallet out as well. And discourage my family , friends and fellow shooters from doing any business there.

Actually if you read Schmidt's statement that's not what he says at all. They just want to sell coffee. They don't want to be involved or be the point in anyone's agenda.

Simple.

Whereas, the sign on the door at Sturgis Coffee reads:

Guns Welcome On Premises: Please Keep All Weapons Holstered Unless the Need Arises In Such Case, Judicious Marksmanship Is Appreciated.

As you can imagine it's a very polite atmosphere. Plus, they have a cool leather mouse pad that is etched with that message at www.sturgiscoffeecompany.com

Actually if you read Schmidt's statement that's not what he says at all. They just want to sell coffee. They don't want to be involved or be the point in anyone's agenda.

Simple.

Whereas, the sign on the door at Sturgis Coffee reads:

Guns Welcome On Premises: Please Keep All Weapons Holstered Unless the Need Arises In Such Case, Judicious Marksmanship Is Appreciated.

As you can imagine it's a very polite atmosphere. Plus, they have a cool leather mouse pad that is etched with that message at www.sturgiscoffeecompany.com

Yup. If they openly support anti gun organizations that would be a whole new issue. They said they won't ask anybody to leave so whether or not the CEO approves or not doesn't seem to make much difference. And I think the main issue is open carry anyway. They'd never know I had one.

I've seen pictures of people carrying tactical shotguns & AR's in Starbucks on the "protest" days.

They have every right to carry them, but really ...shotguns & AR's in a coffee shop!!!

Had they just open carried a pistol in a snap holster I suspect this new policy wouldn't have happened.

I carry mine concealed 99% of the time so it doesn't affect me.

I really don't blame them. With all the "bring your guns" gatherings at Starbucks, just a matter of time until some clown rips one into the parking lot, or ....... Up into the ceiling. 26 years in the military, couple of years in law enforcement, been packin iron my whole life. Lots of folks in one place with guns makes me nervous. Don't Blair em at all.

Starbucks didn't ban guns, just ask that we not blatantly pack em for coffee. Didn't say a word about CCW. Most places, open carry is kinda dumb.

Coffinaker

Text of message just sent to corporate customer service

I will be happy to honor your request never to carry firearms, licenced, concealed or otherwise into your stores. I will further refrain from carrying my person or wallet into your stores as well. Previously I have gone out of my way to carry both of the latter into your stores as my permitted concealed weapon was also welcome.

I still like their coffee and until I see a NO GUN sign on their door I'll still go there. I only go there occasionally anyway.

Rye

Dunkin' Donut for me and my family and friends. If you can't trust a person who has a CHL, who can you trust?

Ghost

I almost got sucked into an open carry/ concealed carry debate again, and it's why I don't go to other gun forums anymore. Wrote it out, posted, edited, and deleted. I agree ...let's just talk about big iron shooting.

I almost got sucked into an open carry/ concealed carry debate again, and it's why I don't go to other gun forums anymore. Wrote it out, posted, edited, and deleted. I agree ...let's just talk about big iron shooting.

But this is the Team SASS Wire and nothing wrong about discussing 2nd Amendment issues - actually it's the reason this forum exists.....if it's shootin' irons you want to discuss the Wire and/or Saloon Wire is there for that.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

But this is the Team SASS Wire and nothing wrong about discussing 2nd Amendment issues - actually it's the reason this forum exists.....if it's shootin' irons you want to discuss the Wire and/or Saloon Wire is there for that.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ah, Yep!

And if we just bury our heads in the sand the entire republic stands to go the route of the once great state of California. Look here: http://nramemberscouncils.com/

Those are all on the desk of Gov. Jerry Brown. That many managed to pass in our legislature out of about 28. The rest are in the "suspended" file, and can get dragged out and voted on at any time. "Semper Vigilans"

I don't blame the Starbucks CEO in the slightest. Long guns at low ready or port arms in a coffee shop is just aggressive stupidity. I hope the maroons don't challenge Starbuck's request. That could lead to No Gun Areas, and further harm to the RKBA.

Guess I'll put on my NRA hat, a pleasant smile, and go get some Starbucks.

Archived