SASS Wire Forum

A Combined Force Taking the Offense is Long Overdue

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

The Navy Yard shooting was horrific. On that I'm sure all agree and it didn't take long for the anti-gun element to rear its ugly head. Just as in Newtown, the dead were not yet buried before the irrational among us called for more stringent gun control. Excuse me, doesn't the DC area have the most onerous gun control laws in the country and wasn't that Navy building a "gun free zone?" Which brings me to my point.

As those of you who follow my column know, I've long advocated a combined and coordinated force among the pro-gun organizations that takes the offense rather than reflexively going on the defense immediately. No matter what logical arguments the pro-gun side makes, the anti-gun element ignores it and aggressively continues with their call for gutting the Second Amendment. Why? They just don't care about truth! As I stated in this months Chronicle column, "They Just Don't Get It?" truth plays no part in the left's agenda so they have to ignore logic, truth and our arguments.

Given that, I remain resolute in my position that a pro-gun offensive is long overdue. The NRA, GOA, SAF, NSSF et al. must combine their assets, their numbers, their resources, their strength and their passion and legally go after those who created yet another "gun free zone" i.e. "free fire zone." We must hold the gun free decision makers responsible for leaving law abiding citizens so fatally vulnerable. Their actions in prohibiting the carrying of arms borders on criminal negligence in my view and they should and must be held to account...publicly, legally and very forcefully.

We CANNOT continue this "prevent defense" of the Constitution and that of our unalienable right of self preservation. A defensive strategy alone has never won a war. Eventually, you MUST go on offense.

I ask the members of Team SASS to consider reinforcing my constant urging of the NRA, GOA, SAF and NSSF to combine and coordinate their vast strength and take a powerful offensive posture. That in my view is the only way we will win this fight.

Steel your nerve, remain resolute and soldier on...

Couldn't agree more sir - just this morning on my FB I mentioned the Gun Free thing and DC's anti-gun laws....of course, it was only a sentence or two as I am in no way able to express/convey/articulate as well as you and others here - Thanks for what you and others do in the 'fight' Colonel.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I've been screaming at the various groups for years about this! Put the egos back in the holsters, get the head honchos together and hammer out a war plan.

And, I hate to say it, but the NRA needs to be willing to pour in the money and legal advice, but let someone else carry the banner - Second Amendment Sisters, Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, someone, because there is so much negative image attached to the NRA that any chance of getting our point across is lost on many as soon as they hear "NRA." The brain clicks into idle, the ears stop working, and the mantra "NRA....evil....NRA...evil!" starts up.

Archived