SASS Wire Forum

Colorado State Championship match, July 3-6, 2014

Grizzly Dave

And thanks to Diamond Blaze who passed the donation jug, a bunch of generous folks, and me getting scalped, we raised about $300 for the SASS Scholarship fund.

1909829_10201537217352358_42612675203271

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got home a little while ago and unpacked.What a fantastic weekend. I shot okay for me, didn't shoot myself or anyone else, and wore myself completely out. What a show, and I am still grinning. I sure hope work let's me make it next year

Good to hear you made it home safe Stirrup. And it was great to meet and shoot with you this weekend!

Links to pics and main match vids are up in another thread. I'll do man on man later...

I would also like to say that Calico Mary is a fantastic representative of our sport. She saved my bacon with the loan of a shotgun since mine was broke. If it wasn't for her and Buick, I would have had to fight with my single shot backup

I would also like to say that Calico Mary is a fantastic representative of our sport. She saved my bacon with the loan of a shotgun since mine was broke. If it wasn't for her and Buick, I would have had to fight with my single shot backup

Met them both at a CO state match a few years back... They are both great folk. Would shoot with them any time. Glad to hear you had fun pard.

Thanks for the kind words fellas, and it was my pleasure Stirrup, was more than happy to help you out! And thanks for letting me jump in line a couple of times so that Gateway could time me, he's one of my favorite people and I just don't get to shoot with him as often as I'd like. ;) It was great meeting you, and we're glad you had a good time!

My daughter is in the process of moving to Colorado. My wife is finally retiring this year.

I will make this one next year.

Mack - we'd love you have you all come out for the Shootout at Pawnee Station 2015! It won't be the state match, but it's always a great time!

SCORES ARE UP.

Time for a new Avatar don't ya think!?!!

just saying

Gateway

We enjoyed ourselves very much. Flatlanders that we are, we'll be back! Great hospitality and met some new friends.

CR & Dimpled Darlin'

I got home safely this afternoon to New Mexico where the temps are about 10 degrees F higher and gas prices about 20 cents a gallon lower than in Colorado. This match was worth the effort trip. The props were all freshly painted and the care preparing the range for the match was quite obvious. The cowboy range sits in a depression with high berms on all sides except an entrance road. This arrangement holds black powder smoke in place well during low wind conditions. Ultimately I lost my clean match trying to shoot a distant rifle target I really could not see. Too bad Wolf Bane wasn't there with a film crew because this match was worth airing on national TV.

A pleasant surprise was seeing Grizzly Dave and Calico Mary on posse 6 with me. Though I'd never met them I felt like they were old friends after conversing with them on this Wire. One thing I didn't learn from the Wire is that Calico Mary is a lady gunfighter.

CR & DD - it was our pleasure to have you come play cowboy with us, you are welcome any time. Sorry I didn't have more of a chance to visit with you all, seems like I was always running off somewhere, and doing something, but it all sure was a lot of fun!

Edward - good to hear you made it home safely.

It was great to meet and shoot with you and I'm glad you felt the match was worth the trip.

While not up to Wolf Bane's standards as I don't have his budget, there are links to pictures and videos in THIS THREAD.

Hope to catch you all down the trail again soon

Grizz

It was great meeting you too Edward, and we're glad you got to come on out! Now that you know where it is, feel free to come back any time ;);)

I got home safely this afternoon to New Mexico where the temps are about 10 degrees F higher and gas prices about 20 cents a gallon lower than in Colorado. This match was worth the effort trip. The props were all freshly painted and the care preparing the range for the match was quite obvious. The cowboy range sits in a depression with high berms on all sides except an entrance road. This arrangement holds black powder smoke in place well during low wind conditions. Ultimately I lost my clean match trying to shoot a distant rifle target I really could not see. Too bad Wolf Bane wasn't there with a film crew because this match was worth airing on national TV.

A pleasant surprise was seeing Grizzly Dave and Calico Mary on posse 6 with me. Though I'd never met them I felt like they were old friends after conversing with them on this Wire. One thing I didn't learn from the Wire is that Calico Mary is a lady gunfighter.

Thanks for coming to the match, and I appreciated the tips. I am going to incorporate them into my shooting, and hopefully I start to get my times down some. I was fun to watch your blackpowder smoke.

OK, guys...the question of the day.......how long until next year's match? :)

We are still on our way home to OK City. Left the range Sunday arvo, made it to Colby KS for Sunday night. Not much traffic going east so had a nice run. Today we stopped in Dodge City and did all the things normal cowboy visitors do, found a nice little motel for the night.

Tomorrow we'll be home about lunch time all things being equal!

Both Kat and I had a great time and look forward to seeing y'all at next years wherever that maybe hopefully, seeing we won one free entry.!,!!

Archived