SASS Wire Forum

Colorado State Championship match, July 3-6, 2014

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PBR doesn't have their own brewery anymore, subcontracting through Miller-Coors to have it brewed, so there's a fair chance your delicious PBR IS made right near here in Golden. :)

I knew there was something that was drawing me to that Colorado match :)

Stirrup - Golden is about a 2 hour drive from the range, you could probably work a brewery tour in....

I would expect that the attendee list will be updated in the new few days as RRW catches up after being out of town for several weeks tending to family matters. If I don't see an update in the next few days I'll follow up on it.

Nice to see the numbers getting up there, Grizz. I even see a few names that I recognize

Sweet Lil and I are back home. We want to thank all of our friends out there who sent their prayers and condolences on the passing of my Dad both here on the wire and through cards and calls. It meant a lot to us all.

Now it is time to get the mind and hands busy on other things.

The great cowboys and cowgirls of Pawnee Station have been out working on the range making improvements for the Colorado State Match. The General Store is finally going to be a store and yes we have great plans for the newly remodeled Barber Shop. We're at 100 registered shooters as of yesterday with many being 1st time shooters at Pawnee Station. All we need now is another 80 to join the fun and we can break in the new Barber Shop in style.

See ya on the range soon!

Holy cow! It's hard to believe that the match is only a little over a month away!

I CAN'T WAIT!

I feel like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning!

Howdy Grizz,

Long time no see.

Things are looking pretty good for a chance to come over this weekend for 5th Sat at Pawnee.

Question for ya: if I pay a double fee can I shoot both normal match (you know, nice and slow) and the .22 version?

If it causes to much headache no problemo, just got a new golden boy and want to give it a whirl

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

PS trying out WB loads in my 45 colts (rifle/pistols) as well, could give Big Bore a try too

Gateway, even shooting the stage twice you'd be faster than me!

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I ain't the one you'd need to ask. Might shoot Red River Wrangler an email to see for sure.

We could put you on the score sheet as Gateway Kid, and Gateway Lite :D

A Pawnee Station 5th Saturday match was the first complete match I ever shot, shot it with .22s and had one miss on the day. Won my category. It's gone downhill from there :D

Got my envelope in the mail the other day now just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting

Did I Mention I was waiting. HIHI

Work is progressing at the range on the new stage fronts, they are gonna be awesome. I'll get some progress pics up when the pics I took today hit the Pawnee Station Website.

Actually I still need to load some ammo for the match... :D

The who's coming list was updated June 2nd, up to 118!

Work is coming along nicely on the range, I got some pics Saturday I'll put up when they hit the PS website.

I even got some new haircut scissors and sheep sheering clippers on order for the big event.

Yee Haw, I can't wait!

Here are a couple pics of the progress as promised.

DSCN1864.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

Some of us will be out working this weekend, let Red River Wrangler know if you can come and help out.

Just home from a work day at the range, had a pretty good turnout.

Got the roof on the new general store

DSCN1908.jpg

And got the roof framing / rafters done on the barber shop

DSCN1904.jpg

A bunch are going to be out there tomorrow (Sunday) if you have some time, I'm sure they'd love to have the help.

I hear tell even more work got done on Sunday when I wasn't there...coincidence?

I tell ya folks, I'm excited for this match, I'm even excited to get shaved!

To quote the lovely and talented Nellie Blue...

Is it time to shoot yet??

The range is really coming along thanks for noticing! :D

The new buildings are going to be awesome to shoot out of, thru and around and offer virtually unlimited choices for writing stages.

I can't wait to send some lead down range!

For those not shooting Hell on Wheels or who have other plans, work will continue this weekend if you can spare a few hours, a day, or even the whole weekend.

This match is gonna be AWESOME!

C'mon out and play with us!

A bunch of us will be out at the range working this weekend, if you have time, c'mon out and lend a hand. Please let Red River Wrangler know if you can make it, and which day or days so that they can make sure to have enough lunch for everyone.

Wow, lots is happening at the range!

I was out for a few hours today helping out, but had to leave early to take Miz Grizz out to dinner for our 29th anniversary today, I guess for putting up with me for that long, she at least deserves a nice dinner :D

Here is a slide show of pictures from today. More going on tomorrow if you can make it out to help out.

The new general store is about done, just needs some stain and trim around the windows and doors. This building is going to be a ton of fun to shoot out of, so many different things stage writers can do with it.

DSCN1930.jpg

It's not too late to sign up for the match! Get those registrations in ASAP!

Oh, and just a quick tip, if you have a bunch of angled cuts you need to make, find one of the ladies who does quilting, they'll save your brain and get it done right! Thanks Calico!

I can hardly wait, Grizz! I just changed jobs and one of my agreements with my new boss was that I still get time off to come shoot like I planned :)

Well I don't know about you all, but I can tell that I'm starting to get REALLY excited about this match, I'm even dreaming about it. While I'm asleep even! :D

Several have asked me about the schedule for two waves. As I understand it that plan was made in case the number of shooters required it. Unless we get a complete deluge of entries between now and match time, one wave is all that is needed and will be used. But we still have lots and lots of room, the more the merrier!

Wow, hard to believe the match is only about two weeks away!

As match officials are likely to be at the range the week leading up to the match, all entries sent by US postal service should be mailed by this weekend, Monday, June 23rd at the very latest to ensure that they will be processed. For entries after that date, please email the match director, Red River Wrangler, with the Names, Alias's, SASS numbers, categories, Social tickets needed, camper info, and all the other info on the entry form and bring a completed registration form along with payment to the match. Please include a contact phone number in case there are any questions.

Contact info for Red River Wrangler is on the bottom of the registration form.

*** Entries are welcome up to the start of the main match. ***

As it gets closer to match time, posse requests will be harder to make work, but we will do our best. Last minute entries in underpopulated or unpopulated categories will be announced at the awards, but we may not have awards to give out at that time.

YeeHaw this is gonna be fun, c'mon out and join us!

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer them.

Grizz

Archived