SASS Wire Forum

Colorado State Championship match, July 3-6, 2014

Grizzly Dave

Still a whole lot of regulars that I'm confident are coming that haven't sent in paper on it yet, including me. Now if the total will get to 180, I don't know.

OK OK OK !!! if it means a chance to shave the Grizz I am in. Printing off the app now and will mail tomorrow.

See ya there pard

Regards

Gateway Kid

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK OK OK !!! if it means a chance to shave the Grizz I am in. Printing off the app now and will mail tomorrow.

See ya there pard

Regards

Gateway Kid

It wouldn't be the same without you pard, glad you're coming.

Anyone have a suggestion for a reasonably priced motel in the area. All the ones on the list are full except the ones at 175 a night

MCJ

Not sure if you tried them, but I got a room reserved at the Motel 6 in Fort Collins. They were reasonable, but not sure if any are still available

Anyone have a suggestion for a reasonably priced motel in the area. All the ones on the list are full except the ones at 175 a night

MCJ

I've stayed at the Motel 6 on Mulberry and I-25 and it was OK. There are a bunch of others at that exit as well and it's an easy drive to the range. There is also the Days Inn I think it is in Wellington that is a good place, not sure about pricing though.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be great to see everyone.

The list of who's coming has been updated since first I linked it.

And the beard is getting really long and out of control, I sure hope we make the goal! Although, it is near long enough to do a comb over with it over my bald head... :D

Grizz, I sure hope you get enough signups so I can see you get shaved. :)

Afterwards, you will need to wear a nametag

• 2 weeks later...

Well, er, uh, no. I need to do that.

I heard thru the grapevine that the attendance total is up to around 80 now, with more mail waiting to be opened when the folks that open the mail get back from out of town.

C'mon out to Colorado for the 4th of July folks! You'll have a blast!

Just got word that the match director's father passed away yesterday, Red River Wrangler and Sweet Lil had been back with RRW's dad for the last week and will be out of town for another week or so.

So anyone waiting for replies to emails and such, please be patient, they will be answered when they get back to town.

Please keep the family in your prayers as they go through this time.

Grizz

Just got word that the match director's father passed away yesterday, Red River Wrangler and Sweet Lil had been back with RRW's dad for the last week and will be out of town for another week or so.

So anyone waiting for replies to emails and such, please be patient, they will be answered when they get back to town.

Please keep the family in your prayers as they go through this time.

Grizz

Please pass on my condolences to RRW.

And my prayers for the rest of the family in this time of sadness.

God Bless them all.

Respectfully

Gateway Kid

Sorry to hear that, Grizz. Prayers are going up for the family

Surprisingly low entry numbers for this match??

Hope they pick up soon.

Surprisingly low entry numbers for this match??

Hope they pick up soon.

Jackaroo, we were talking about that at the match today. Some of that is due to many of us members who have been slow to send in our entries. Another factor is that the MD has been out of town for several weeks so the mail has not been processed.

In addition to our current group of fine props and stage fronts, work is well underway on several new or improved ones. The general store has been torn down and is being rebuilt with two layers of walls so that there is an actual 'inside'

10384299_10201282793751927_1764453460761

The Barber shop is also being rebuilt and if I heard right, it will also serve as a dentist office. A bunch of people were laughing evil laughs and looking at me when they said 'barber shop' today, I reckon they figure on shaving me come the match. But I draw the line at frontier dental work, NO THANKS! :D

10302509_10201282822152637_6223151503927

Get those entries in folks, be part of history, my face hasn't seen the light of day in many years, and may not again in our lifetimes!

10301288_10201282500704601_7840271083375

Good to hear it GW, I wouldn't have been the same without out.

You missed a funny one on my posse yesterday, I get up to the line, stage my guns, take my deep breaths to get ready, and Bijou Blade is running the timer, instead of telling me to let him know when I'm ready, he says 'you need a freaking haircut!' After we all stopped laughing I told him to come to the State match and watch it happen. I think the laugh must have done me good, that was one of my only clean stages yesterday.

Interesting vertical long gun racks...we had some like that but they knocked the crap outta folks sights.

How do your work I that area? Any problems?

Phantom

Those racks pictured are usually just beside the loading table in case the line gets too long and not in the "field of play".

Got my entry in a while back, so I've spared someone else the bad feelings associated with finishing last in the Cowboy division. Second to the bottom is the best anyone can hope for now. :P

Interesting vertical long gun racks...we had some like that but they knocked the crap outta folks sights.

How do your work I that area? Any problems?

Phantom

As Skid said, the racks in that picture are used in front of the loading table for folks who may go up before there is room on the table, or for folks who didn't bring a gun cart that day. The stage fronts being rebuilt used to have provisions for vertical staging similar to some I have seen at Winter Range and elsewhere. I know that some folks don't like vertical staging of any kind, but I don't recall hearing of any specific problems with knocked up sights or anything else. I don't know if the vertical staging will again be a part of those stage fronts or not. The majority of staging at Pawnee Station is done on tables, window tables, and the like horizontally. I hope that answers your question.

Grizz

BEER!

That's right, I said BEER! For those who enjoy the suds, Budweiser has a brewery in nearby Fort Collins that offers tours, and Fort Collins has no less than 28 brew pubs.

Other things to do while you're in the area would include Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. If you've never been, it's well worth taking a day or more to explore. Estes has a downtown full of interesting shops, and the National park is really beautiful.

If old west history is what you crave, historic Cheyenne Wyoming is less than an hour away from the range and has a variety of 4th of July events going on.

There is plenty to do in the area for those non-shooting family members!

I finally got around to booking my motel today, and prices are creeping up and availability is going down, so you might was to get that motel booked ASAP.

I sure am looking forward to the match!

Oh, if anyone who is coming to the match has skill with hair cutting and beard shaving, please let me know. I have this reoccurring dream of GW Ryder trying to cut my beard with a dull deer antler, and I would like to avoid that if at all possible!

Keep those entries coming in folks, this match is gonna be GREAT!

Grizz you Should ask Bud to sponsor the match, hic?? :D

Bud as match sponsor? Would the Bud girls be there?--maybe do the stretch raffle? Looking forward to it. It is a special thing when you get a chance to see some grizzled old guy shaved down to the nub and see what he really looks like.

BEER!

That's right, I said BEER! For those who enjoy the suds, Budweiser has a brewery in nearby Fort Collins that offers tours, and Fort Collins has no less than 28 brew pubs.

It's too bad PBR doesn't have a brewery there.....ahhhhhh...the nectar of the gods

Archived