SASS Wire Forum

Colorado State Championship match, July 3-6, 2014

Grizzly Dave

On behalf of the Pawnee Station Vindicators, I am pleased to announce that they will be hosting the Colorado State Championship match to be held July 3-6, 2014!!

Pawnee Station shoots at the Great Guns Sporting facility in Nunn, Colorado. This facility is ideal for a large match such is this. There is ample dry camping at the range, facilities for cowboy clays and long range, and any other side match a cowboy could dream up. There are 13 bays in the cowboy range in the volcano crater, each with full side berms that allow down range movement on each stage if the match director so desires. The number of bays also allows that all 12 stages of the match can each have a bay. It also means that the match could host at least 240 shooters without having to go to two shifts. For those who prefer a bunkhouse in town, there are hundreds of rooms 20 minutes or so from the range in nearby Fort Collins and Wellington.

Mark your calendars now, this is gonna be a great match!!! I hope to see you there!!

Information and registration forms are now available on the Pawnee Station website.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone to the Pawnee Station annual each of the last 4 or 5 years, and each year it gets bigger and better.

Add to that the fact that the 2014 edition will be the state championship, and I can't wait to go!

I would love to come up there for this.

I might work in it. See if it will work out.

Was going to EOT. But don't think so anymore.

So this might take it's place for our trip.

P.S. Hope they get some road put back.

Looks like many roads got taken out from the floods.

Hope ya can make it Al, I25 will take you up through Colorado most of the way, it's only a little further east on Hwy 14 then north on Hwy 85. I don't think there's much damage on those roads, and what there is if any should be fixed pretty soon, certainly by next summer. Most of the serious damage was either in the mountains, or on lesser roads with older bridges that were damaged by debris in the rivers.

And if you and Union Jack and Ruthless Babe do make it, just remind me and Grizz about the middle of June and we can make sure there's ice cream ;):D

Wow, Late June and early July is gonna be a great time to be a cowboy shooter!

Lodan B Fast mentioned this to me today at the Pawnee Station monthly match...

June 19-22 you can shoot the New Hell on Wheels match put on by the Border Vigilantes which will be the Wyoming State Championship match.

Then you can head down to NM and Shoot the Cowboy match at End of Trail June 26-28

Then head to Colorado and shoot the Colorado State Championship match, Shootout at Pawnee Station July 3-6!!

Wow! What a fun filled two weeks and three weekends that will be!!!

The Date is not good timeimg with EOT they are back to back Think about chaging the date!!!!

Gardner Kid, for those that travel from match to match, such as the Australians and others, having big matches back to back allows them to get in more shooting on their trip. Folks will have 3 or 4 days to make it from EOT up to Nunn which is at worst a day and a half drive pulling a trailer, or 8 hours in a car. It may not be ideal for everyone, but it has proven to be successful in the past.

I am looking forward to this match a whole lot even though I have the pleasure of shooting at Pawnee Station every month. Awesome props, great stages, great people.

• 3 weeks later...

UB, I hope you can make it up for the match, it would be great to meet you and buy you a beverage.

I'll do my best Pard.

If I can swing it, I will be there. Have they decided on match fees for the match? Are there hotels in the area?

Stirrup -

Lots of motels about 20 minutes from the range in Fort Collins and Wellington. And tons to space for dry camping right at the range.

Match fees have not yet been set that I know of, but should be soon. It's on the agenda for the meeting this weekend IIRC.

Stirrup -

Lots of motels about 20 minutes from the range in Fort Collins and Wellington. And tons to space for dry camping right at the range.

Match fees have not yet been set that I know of, but should be soon. It's on the agenda for the meeting this weekend IIRC.

Thanks. Not sure if I can do more than one travel match next year, but that is one that I want to try to make

The date is great. I have marked my calendar and maybe I can get UB to ride with me and stay in my RV. Looks like a great plan.

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad, Grizz. The only thing I would say is that the logo doesn't say "cowboy" to me. If I didn't know what SASS was, I would have to google it to figure out what it was about. I like the color choices though.

Playing around with some graphics for this, that, and maybe the other thing for the match, what do you think?

Reminds me of "Pacman" :D

I sure wish I could make it, but that's a LONG way from Georgia!

Howdy Grizz,

That looks good. I wonder if you could incorporate that into a name tag?

CBG

That was one of my suggestions, we'll have to see how it plays out with the club and organizers, and of course how much we could get them for.

Wow, Late June and early July is gonna be a great time to be a cowboy shooter!

Lodan B Fast mentioned this to me today at the Pawnee Station monthly match...

June 19-22 you can shoot the New Hell on Wheels match put on by the Border Vigilantes which will be the Wyoming State Championship match.

The date for Hell On Wheels 2014 is June 12-15

Then you can head down to NM and Shoot the Cowboy match at End of Trail June 26-28

Then head to Colorado and shoot the Colorado State Championship match, Shootout at Pawnee Station July 3-6!!

Wow! What a fun filled two weeks and three weekends that will be!!!

Grizz, I like your logo with the mountains much better. Looks great, and makes me want to come even more

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the I 25 will be well travelled around that time??

May have to pick one or the other!!

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've bumped this up, so let's get it back to the front page.

What a great Christmas gift idea, give the gift of cowboy action shooting, register your loved one (and yourself) for this match and wrap it up with a nice bow!

Archived