SASS Wire Forum

What happens when you try to attract attention

Rolling Stone

Some in the Texas law enforcement circle seem to have an issue with people carrying legally - and for a state than some claim to be the mecca of 2nd Amendment support...interesting.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GG

Please remember that Austin is not a good example of what the majority of real Texans believe.

I know - that's why I said some...;) - I have high regard for Texas all in all (used to live in Kilgore :D )

Austin is a college town that has liberal tendencies I understand.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Looks like the state of Texas is going to be out a lot of money for 3 false arrest civil suits. The Troopers involved should be sent back to the academy for retraining on the gun laws and should lose some stripes for not admitting their error and apologising to the 3 men. If they did that to me I'd do my darndest to see that they lost everything they own in a civil suit. I cannot stand officers who do not know the laws that they are sworn to uphold and enforce. If they are not 110% sure they should call in their supervisor before slapping the cuffs on.

With the surge in 2nd Amendment Civil Rights Activism we seem to be having, police departments, when a call of "man with a gun" comes in, start asking, "Well, what exactly are they doing? What's that? Eating peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches on a park bench? Um...do they have the guns in their hands? No...on their backs, you say. OK, have they made any threats? No, sir, just having a gun isn't a threat. Open carry is legal in this state. No, sorry, you need to contact your representative in our state legislature about that. Thank you for calling."

If it is the cops arguing discussing the matter with those involved that is 'creating a public disturbance' I don't see any call for action. There was no disturbance before the police got involved.

Archived