SASS Wire Forum

Shooting at DC Naval Yard.

Subdeacon Joe

They are now saying the guy was discharged for a pattern of misconduct.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have expected the shooter to have been a white guy. That's generally the profile for these type of shootings.

Prayers up for the victims, wounded and slain, and their families and loved ones.

John MacGuire, the ex SEAL and security expert, just told Erin Burnett on CNN that the guy could have done just as much damage with a bolt action rifle after she pointed out the evil AR15 was used in Aurora and Sandy Hook.

Good for him.

They then immediately went to another interviewee and did not put himon camera again.

Next thing ya know someone will be screaming about "Stand your Ground" again. The anti's are not smart enough to realize that this has nada to do with that. My guess is another "suicide by cop". Too much of a coward to do it himself, so kill some people and get shot down by the authorities...very sad.

It's too soon to speculate on motive. Except for the news media. ;)

I see no way to equate anything here with stand your ground laws.

Law Enforcement learned a hard lesson at Columbine. They no longer surround the building and try to talk an active shooter out. In the old days the theory was to contain and use time to your advantage. Not any more. First 4 officers arrive on scene form up a fire team and go after the shooter. The next four arriving do the same thing until the shooter is either in custody or dead. This situation could have been much worse if the shooter had more time. Good job stopping the shooter quickly. It takes a lot of guts to run towards the gunfire when everyone else is running away.

I don't know this guys motive but the following statement may have something to do with it.

It is no fun working for the government right now, be it a civil servant or a contractor. Coming off the furloughs, and the big push to do more for less, no cost of living raises for years, I am afraid we will see more of this in the future.

Media coverage of this was atrocious, but likely the best they could do given the limited info available and the confusion involved (combined with their need to get the info up first in the news cycle.

I have been to the WNY and the building involved many times each year, including this one. So far, I do not know the seven named victims, but I await the other names.....

Security is reasonable at the WNY, given you have a security clearance and an appropriate ID, and 10s of thousands of folks go in for work, each day.. One level to get tin the gate with Marine Guards, no-nonsense, of course. Of note, the Chief of Naval Operations' - ADM John Greenert , a good man- residence is on the site.

The second level is to get into the Naval Sea Systems Command HQ buiding 197 that requires the ID scan system to recognize your ID card as a current empoyee in the building- otherwise you go through another security process. Still can't figure yet how he got a SG through that unless it was shortened and pistol grip under light coat in that heat? He apparently gathered the other weapons as he shot responders. Will have to wait for the real post mortem on that.

Seems this guy, even with his multiple law enforcement incidents and Navy discharge, somehow had a security clearance as a contractor (fact) and/or used another badge for further access?! Still does not expalin a lot here.

LOT'S more to come on this one, but the security clearance screening for contractors is now under a lot of pressure, given Snowden and now this loon.

Harvey

That self-righteous, sanctimonious, mealy-mouthed, headline grabbing pig, Piers Morgan, was spouting his own brand of anti-gun sentiment before the bodies were even cold. What's that saying those folks have?

"Never let a good tragedy go to waste?"

Yeah, I think that's it! :( :(

The system didn't catch this guy - how did he get a hold of a rifle with all his issues??

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/17/active-shooter-at-washington-navy-yard/

But, hey...let's not work to fix the system - let's take a right away from law-abiding people.....stupid Piers, Feinstein, and celebrities like Henry Winkler...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Sad to say but the glamorization from our sorry president and the news media will indeed motivate more of these type events from the crazies to the copy cats. I guess Piers Morgan dosen't understand we won our independance from his country a long time ago. Perhaps he should return to England and become a Muslim like the rest of his pansey a$$ countryman. Wonder why none of these cowards go on a shooting spree where we have carry laws?

Well the FBI just confirmed he had a shotgun and two pistols one of which he may have aquired from one of the police he shot. Now, I guess all of the miss-leading information from the politburo and Peirs will have to be recanted!! HA HA HA HA. yea right!!

It's worse.

News this morning states this tragedy will "give legs" to the 14 gun control bills on our governor's desk. :(

It's worse.

News this morning states this tragedy will "give legs" to the 14 gun control bills on our governor's desk. :(

Sorry - real sorry for California. You and many other Californians need to find a way to educate the public to get better legislators in place - FAST!. I told my brother in Newport Beach he better do some leg work because he may lose his brand new Daniel Defense M4 and other 2nd Amendment Rights to these anti-American politicians.

Looks like sales of the waterproof gun cache tubes will go up again. :(

Sorry - real sorry for California. You and many other Californians need to find a way to educate the public to get better legislators in place - FAST!. I told my brother in Newport Beach he better do some leg work because he may lose his brand new Daniel Defense M4 and other 2nd Amendment Rights to these anti-American politicians.

We try, Gunner... we try real hard. We're just outnumbered by both "the other side" and mostly those who just don't care. :(

We try, Gunner... we try real hard. We're just outnumbered by both "the other side" and mostly those who just don't care. :(

There's gotta be a way y'all can reprogram the zombies - there HAS to be a way!!

Creeping liberalism is a cancer in many areas of the country. Urban population centers have us outnumbered.

Creeping liberalism is a cancer in many areas of the country. Urban population centers have us outnumbered.

Exactly.

And of course, those in the urban areas know FAR better than we how we should live. Sheesh!

Exactly.

And of course, those in the urban areas know FAR better than we how we should live. Sheesh!

Kinda like the UN. ;)

Write your State Representatives ASAP. Write to anyone of influience. Tell your friends to write. I know that it's not the SASS thing to do but if we don't collectively become a voice in this fight we will lose SASS all together. We won't be able to convince the Zombies and don't need too. They'll get theirs when the food crises hits. But till then we have to wake up the silent majority, we must be heard loudly, we must donate to the groups that are actively fighting for our cause! Just sending e-mails of quotes from our founding fathers and cool pro-gun T-shirt slogans just simply isn't going to be enough.

Listening to some of the "reporters" commenting about how tight security is on military bases, then go on to say that every time they go with the president to Andrews AFB, there are lots of armed security

Yes and if Michelle Obama had a son he would look just like him, an angry Black man. Prayers for the families

Rev

That self-righteous, sanctimonious, mealy-mouthed, headline grabbing pig, Piers Morgan, was spouting his own brand of anti-gun sentiment before the bodies were even cold. What's that saying those folks have?

"Never let a good tragedy go to waste?"

Yeah, I think that's it! :( :(

I can't stand that scumbag. I'd ship him off to England, but they won't take him back.

Write your State Representatives ASAP. Write to anyone of influience. Tell your friends to write. I know that it's not the SASS thing to do but if we don't collectively become a voice in this fight we will lose SASS all together. We won't be able to convince the Zombies and don't need too. They'll get theirs when the food crises hits. But till then we have to wake up the silent majority, we must be heard loudly, we must donate to the groups that are actively fighting for our cause! Just sending e-mails of quotes from our founding fathers and cool pro-gun T-shirt slogans just simply isn't going to be enough.

What do you mean it's not the SASS thing to do? That's what Team SASS is all about and that's what we've been doing for months.

So much for educating people I guess :unsure:

What do you mean it's not the SASS thing to do? That's what Team SASS is all about and that's what we've been doing for months.

Yup...and that's what we do in public when we attend matches and go to places dressed up and such and jaw with folks. Even so, just casual conversation even at the local tavern, church, grocery store...etc etc. It IS the SASS thing to do!!

So much for educating people I guess :unsure:

Yup...and that's what we do in public when we attend matches and go to places dressed up and such and jaw with folks. Even so, just casual conversation even at the local tavern, church, grocery store...etc etc. It IS the SASS thing to do!!

Amen brother!

Rye ;)

I have a question. Why the devil is DCPD & FBI involved in this? Is WNY not the ballywick of the NCIS, Navy Master At Arms, & USMC MPs?

Well, the latest is that he entered with a shotgun. Killed a guard and took a pistol. No AR used, as was instantly and continuously reported yesterday.

So, a guy with several brushes with the law for gun related incidents, a discharge for violence problems, and he gets a pass as a contractor for the Navy Yard. And it seems he fell through the background checks when he bought his shotgun.

I have a question. Why the devil is DCPD & FBI involved in this? Is WNY not the ballywick of the NCIS, Navy Master At Arms, & USMC MPs?

Despite the NCIS tv show, the FBI is the agency with the resources and experience to handle an investigation of this magnitude and wouldnnormallybe called in on a case like this when Federal employees are killed. They are the lead agency. NCIS and MPD will be in suporting roles.

Despite the NCIS tv show, the FBI is the agency with the resources and experience to handle an investigation of this magnitude and would normally be called in on a case like this when Federal employees are killed. They are the lead agency. NCIS investigates UCMJ cases primarily. NCIS and MPD will be in suporting roles.

Even the NYT is reporting that he had no AR-15 now, and that when he tried to buy one he was turned down. So, liberals....we need more laws why?

And yet this happened in a city where private firearm ownership is basically banned, and you can even be arrested for carrying empty brass back from the range in non approved containers.

Once again, the politicians who created gun free zones have blood on their hands

Sorry about the rant

I heard on the news last night that the reason there were multiple agencies involved is the way they have now constructed their active shooter protocol. The call goes out to the various law enforcement entities in the area and as officers show up they are paired with another officer and begin their search. As other officers show up they are paired together. In this was they can get more folks involved in the search for the active shooter in a faster time.....instead of waiting for two people from the same agency to show up before involving them in the search. I can see the strategy and in this case it worked out because the team that actually took out the scumbag were from different agencies.

Archived