SASS Wire Forum

Shooting at DC Naval Yard.

Subdeacon Joe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone realize that this is a military installation. Weapons are already banned there.

Another 'gun free' shooting spree - :angry:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Here goes the prices on AR's again! I heard that he used an AR and there was possibly another shooter with him. The one is now dead I just heard! (12:02 pm)

Rye

I am not certain that there was a second shooter. Fox reported two different caliber bullets were found in victims at the hospital. I guess. Not sure of body count but three were in surgery earlier.

Almost every shooting incident if this type is carried out by a lone gunman, the notable exception being Columbine 10 years ago. The confusion on the ground almost always results in reports of multiple gunmen.

They are reporting one dead suspect and possibly two still at large. I'm betting it was another lone wolf attack.

And yes, the anti gun hysteria has started already. :angry:

I'm pretty sure AR's are illegal in Washington D.C. Somebody is in big trouble. (said with sarcasm)

My heart goes out to the families and victims.

Maybe somebody is in for big demerits, carrying an AR 15 around DC.

And yes, prayers go out fo the families and victims.

Maybe somebody is in for big demerits, carrying an AR 15 around DC.

And yes, prayers go out fo the families and victims.

Of course at this point we don't even know if it was an AR15 or not.

The mayor and DCPD chief just said there were 12 fatalities.

Are there any reports as to who and his motive?

Not yet. All they have is a body. Next briefing in 2 hours.

Hmmmmm, Timing is everything....just saying. Time for the victims to be able to SHOOT BACK!! SO sad for the families our hearts go out to them.

And primers, powder and cases were just starting to come back on the shelves. Back to hoarding and back to me rationing ammo....

They have identified the shooter as Aaron Alexis, 34 years old. A former Navy reservist AE3 last stationed at NAS Ft Worth.

EDIT:

Discharged IN 2011.

They have identified the shooter as Aaron Alexis, 34 years old. A Navy AE3 last stationed at NAS Ft Worth. Don't know if he was still active or discharged.

So there's only ONE shooter?

The police responded in 7 minutes. Imagine being under fire, unarmed, and cornered in a building for 7 minutes.

And some people still think the police can protect them.

They have not confirmed he was the only shooter....yet. I suspect that will turn out to be the case.

There was a news report, heard it said twice. Weapon was an AR15, and the initial 3 shots heard is because the AR15, a legal available firearm to civilians is capable of firing 3 rounds at a time. This was early about 10AM, and later heard same reporter say it around 1PM. MT

There was a news report, heard it said twice. Weapon was an AR15, and the initial 3 shots heard is because the AR15, a legal available firearm to civilians is capable of firing 3 rounds at a time. This was early about 10AM, and later heard same reporter say it around 1PM. MT

Sigh. It never fails.

:huh: really? I have heard of the bump fire thingy...but...

:huh: really? I have heard of the bump fire thingy...but...

As usual the press is confused between the AR15 and the select fire M4.

One victim died at the hospital.

13 confirmed dead now (including the shooter).

I'm beginning to think that the media knows damn well what the difference is, but they get a bonus from the anti's for every time they spout off myth and fantasy about firearms as fact. Add to that the fact that if it can't be sensationalized then it ain't worth reporting, and you have a perfect storm of fear ignorance and hysteria bearing down on us.

I say 12 innocents to me - I won't include that coward....

I say 12 innocents to me - I won't include that coward....

O

Of course. I'm just passing on the info in the form it is released.

There will be a lot of effort spent to determine the shooter's motive. I don't care what his motive was. Evil crazy people can always find some reason to do the things they do.

The bigger message IMO is that between Fort Hood and now the DC Navy Yard, and perhaps even Benghazzi, the Federal Government has shown it cannot protect its own employees. How can we depend on them to protect us? These are the folks entrusted with America's weapons of mass destruction. How did this guy get within 100 yards of this place?

There will be a lot of effort spent to determine the shooter's motive. I don't care what his motive was. Evil crazy people can always find some reason to do the things they do.

The bigger message IMO is that between Fort Hood and now the DC Navy Yard, and perhaps even Benghazzi, the Federal Government has shown it cannot protect its own employees. How can we depend on them to protect us? These are the folks entrusted with America's weapons of mass destruction. How did this guy get within 100 yards of this place?

Yup there's no way the government can protect us citizens. Most of us realize this. Liberals don't seem to.

It's an admin bldg. Getting into a more secure weapons facility would have been well nigh impossible.

Hasan should have been removed from the military based on his actions long before the Ft Hood shooting. Serious screw-ups in the command structure.

You just can't protect everybody all the time in a free country.

How this jackass got in and id what he did remains to be seen.

The news drones just called the Navy yard " Heavily fortified", which it is not, but they don't know the difference between guarded, secure and fortified.

Benghazi is a whole other animal.

Archived