SASS Wire Forum

Hey Chickasaw Bill

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, got the grass cut, hopefully for the last time this year.

Thunking on going over to the eastern part of the state next week and fish the Yakima for some nice big fish.

Try out my buggers, some golden stone fly nymphs and some crane fly nymphs. Too late for hoppers me thunks.

BMC

good luck on the trip , Hope it happens for ya

I am hoping to get out Poss. Thur or Fri , gonna depend on if I think I can make it for 1/2 day or so

thinking I will spoon fish on the lake , relly doubt I could fly fish for very long

Still LOTS of hoppers here , have a cold snap going here , gonna warm up again next week

CB

Ya can take pictures, just gotta make sure there isn't anything to judge the size off of, like a ruler or such. Of course ol' BMC is crafty, he probably has a yardstick that has been miniaturized to make a 12 inch fish look like it's 28 inches long.

Ya can take pictures, just gotta make sure there isn't anything to judge the size off of, like a ruler or such. Of course ol' BMC is crafty, he probably has a yardstick that has been miniaturized to make a 12 inch fish look like it's 28 inches long.

Who tolt you?

Probably wade. I would use the boat over on the wet side, but wade the Yak.

Irrigation demands are down so they lower the river and fish are active now I am told.

Lots of gravel bars to wade and sight fish.

Should be some salmon going up to the hatchery on the Cle Elum, but I would not target

them. The river is catch and release. Who wants to fight a big salmon just to let him go

and then have to eat salad for dinner.

I suppose it depends on you own special fever or addiction.

I have no problem with releasing wild fish. In fact I get heartburn

watching video of people lifting fish out of the water for pictures

and then throwing them back in the water. Those fish are stressed

and the mortality rate is high.

I just can't understand why the hook makers do not make more

models of barbless hooks. Gamakatsu does make some, but

most are barbed. It is tough to smash down those barbs on some

of the gear hooks.

ED: Good news. The Sky is up about a foot and a half since the rain came in.

If we can get some more, it might bring in the steelhead to follow the pinks that

are swarming in the river right now. The coho are right behind them. I think the

kings are done for the year. Some pictures of pretty dark fish coming out of the

sky. Means that I need to tie up some egg patterns. I got some pink marabou for

the skein and some bright red yard for the eggs. Steelies should eat it up. YEAH RIGH ! :lol:

BMC

down here in the summer , the stripers will not make it if played much ,

I think the faster you can get one to the boat , the better thay taste , and they have a lot better chance if surving if you release em

As there is no legal commerical fishing in the lakes here , the pressure is not as bad on the resorce

CB

BMC

I do NOT know , We have not had em in any numbers for long , having an 18 in min size .

I catch em as a bycatch while targeting crappie or spooning for White Bass

I hope your trip goes well , I am thinking I will attempt to go out Thurs and/or Fri am

Gotta clean out the boat today , been dumping stuff in it as I go by , insted of putting stuff up , where it is suppose to be put

CB

Archived