SASS Wire Forum

14 Principled Anti-War Celebrities We Fear May Have Been Kidnapped

Subdeacon Joe

Yes, my friends. Not heard from since before Jan, 2009.

As they say, O! The Humanity!

Our government is yet again marching us towards a war of choice in the
Middle East and our non-partisan, peace-loving celebrities have gone
missing since late 2008. We fear the worst.

Well, after all, it is for King and Country eh wot?

(okay mostly for the King) :rolleyes::unsure:

Sean Penn, Morgan Freeman, Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon and a host of others are strangely silent while upwards of 75% of the U.S. Population are strongly against entering another Mid East conflict, go figure, IMHO, of course.

Sean Penn, Morgan Freeman, Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon and a host of others are strangely silent while upwards of 75% of the U.S. Population are strongly against entering another Mid East conflict, go figure, IMHO, of course.

They don't give a damn how many of us are against it, the self appointed king says so........

http://gma.yahoo.com/president-obama-urges-congress-vote-165105755.html

Well right is right, whatever public opinion may be, but I fail to see how bombings and cruise missiles will prevent more chemical warfare. What I do see is stronger international resolve to do nothing.

I wonder if we do nothing when evil is being committed, if we can truly hold our heads up and say we are the good guys. I wonder how many americans care if we are the good guys?

I wonder if Putin owns a shirt. . . . if you close your eyes, think of a number, double it, add 8, divide by 3, it sure is dark isn't it ? :D

JMF,

I've enjoyed many of your posts. And, I certainly care that we (Americans) are the good guys. BWTH are we the ony good guys, or always the first good guys? The other NATO countries are a disgrace. So, Britain, France, Germany, Canada, Japan, Italy, Brazil, India, Russia, Poland, Greece; time to put on your big boy pants and get to the top of the batting order. Try to be the leader once.

CBO

Rush L made a great point this week that has not been picked up by the conservative majority (notice that I did not say republicans in this instance). Bashar Assad had the rebels beat; they have suffered one defeat after another for several weeks and seem to be on the verge of being overtaken. Why would he wait until now to launch chemical weapons? This seems more like a desperate attempt of the rebels to fake an attack on their own people to bring other nations into the fray. This may be farfetched but we need to know all of the facts before we enter another war without a plausible end.

Rush L made a great point this week that has not been picked up by the conservative majority (notice that I did not say republicans in this instance). Bashar Assad had the rebels beat; they have suffered one defeat after another for several weeks and seem to be on the verge of being overtaken. Why would he wait until now to launch chemical weapons? This seems more like a desperate attempt of the rebels to fake an attack on their own people to bring other nations into the fray. This may be farfetched but we need to know all of the facts before we enter another war without a plausible end.

He did not have them beat. I doubt he can win a clear victory. Insurgencies are like that.

The rebels are not in great shape but they still control some real estate outside Damascus. They are getting more troops daily (including some very bad guys). Assad is a brutal megalomaniac. He doesn't do rational things.

I think he is responsible for the attacks. Blaming the rebels for killing thair own people is like the nutty theories that the US was responsible for the 9/11 attack.

Assad knew he could get away with it. So far he has.

Hussein thoughthe could get away with invading Kuwait too.

A no win situation for us if we get involved on our own without a coalition. Bush 41 knew that.

Assad is a brutal dictator that kills his own people. The rebels are full of muslim terrorists and extremists. Both sides hate the U.S.A. and our way of life. I don't like the fact that somebody used chemical weapons, probably Assad. I don't care to get involved when our two enemies are killing each other off. I don't want the U.S. to spend one dollar or one American life helping either side of that mess. Muslim extremists are flowing into Syria from all over the Middle East. CNN reports that over 100,000 have been killed during the last two years of Syrian Civil War. Sounds like a good start to me. Keep up the good work. I'll watch it on the news from here, thank you.

Archived