SASS Wire Forum

Stabbing in HSTN area High school

Hoss

Must be a mistake, Students in Texas are not allowed to carry pocket knives on campus.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/05/20343091-texas-high-school-stabbing-was-gang-related-say-cops?lite

I wonder if it was a single blade, or one of those multi-blade killing machines.

And no disrespect meant to the family of the slain teen.

The only reason he had a knife was he miss placed his gun.School has been going on for one week and this was the 3rd fight at that school.It happened before school in the lunch room.

Did you notice how the rest of the student body was held prisoners for several hours? For their "safety", supposedly. Hmmm. They're safer being locked up with other possible perpetrators?

Let us hope that in the future, when schools are locked down for the protection of the children, all the children are searched for weapons. It's logical to assume that one gang related attack could incite retaliation from the attacked gang. It's logical to assume the attack that triggered the lockdown could have been just one of a many planned between gangs.

Police pat down today as policy in situations that includes risk to the police. The lock downs are done in situations that include risk not only to the police, but the teachers and students. And no telling if any of the students are the risk or not, so do as the police do to protect themselves and others in the situation.

Think how many they'd clean up that way. The surprise element would work far better than metal detector lineups.

Think what result you'd get from ringing the lock-down bell in many of our high schools. All the thugs carrying would make the building look like a sinking ship.

The local news the other day happened to have the story of one boy shooting another boy. Right here in Crystal City. (Actually it used to be called Camel City)

The front page story shared space on that front page with the local editorial columnist's take on the situation. Guess what his take was..... and it was front page.

Danged if the surprise of the year didn't show up the next day. Turns out the two boys weren't the poor innocent childs they were painted up to be. Surprise, surprise. The huge surprise was the editorial writer's mentioning the background and offering the probable cause. He actually used the b word. And the d word. Wonder if he'll mention it again?

You know, I've got where I know what the F-word is, and what the S-word is, and what the N-word is. The B-word and the D-word - sorry. Try using English. Works pretty good, most of the time.

And is Houston so much harder to write than HSTN?

You know, I've got where I know what the F-word is, and what the S-word is, and what the N-word is. The B-word and the D-word - sorry. Try using English. Works pretty good, most of the time.

And is Houston so much harder to write than HSTN?

Sorry, but I didn't want to offend anyone. Using the term "black" in a phrase like, "the black-on-black murder rate" would have been extremely offensive I'm sure. And the editorial writer was obviously trying not to mention something like that along with trying to not mention the d word.... He was obviously trying hard not to offend anyone by mentioning the shooting was probably just another drug related black on black shooting. You know, nowadays it's really hard to keep from offending.

Sorry if my mention of the black-on-black murder rate is offensive to anyone, btw.

Archived