SASS Wire Forum

Need a baikal MP210 left firepin?

Deacon Stone Sass#58681

I have broken the left free floating firing pin on my Baikal 210. I called Remington and they said the only

way I was going to get another one was to go to Russia and find a guy there that might have one. So, I ended up sending it to a shotgun gunsmith that said he could build the parts. After getting the receiver he said

sorry the parts are to small to rebuild. This is the free floating firing pin not the pin in the hammer. And unless you find the parts someplace the gun was done. So I'm hoping that a cowboy here might have what I need. The gunsmith said that I would need all the parts for the left side. So anybody got any idea what a guy is to do?

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Deacon Stone

Call EAA parts department.

See their contact info here:

http://eaacorp.com/

Check to see if the MP221 is close to the 210. It is a frame-mounted firing pin.

http://eaacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/MP221_exploded.pdf

I would have to say, that the smith you located may not be much at making parts. Most floating firing pins are pretty darn straightforward to turn on most any lathe. Check with a good one for shotguns. Johnny Meadows comes to mind quickly.

Good luck, GJ

Firing pins are simple to make and I have found that making them is a lot easier than trying to get some of these companies to send you one.

I feel that their is no problem in fixing both of the above listed guns. I'll be in the shop by 7A.M. and take a look at one. If interested call me at

928-300-6684 and I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

Thanks Johnny I'll give you a call tomorrow. This really is driving me crazy. I Love the gun. and want to buy a back up just like it. But if I can't buy the parts then I can't buy another Baikal. Again Thanks and I will give you a call in the morning.

Deacon Stone

Archived