SASS Wire Forum

S.E. Regional Black Powder Match

Swift Stoney 49735

If you missed the S.E. Regional Black Powder Match this weekend you owe it to yourself to put the match on your calendar for 2014. Man From Little River and his loyal staff did an outstanding job of writing straight-forward stages with targets at competitive distances. In fact, Kid Nama and I arrived at the match about 30 minutes before it started and had no trouble picking right up on the stages. If black powder is not your favorite shooting venue due to reloading issues, do what I did, get an agreeable cowboy to load some ammo for you. I had no trouble finding one. In fact, Crazy Cajun did an outstanding job. I could not tell any difference between his black powder loads and my match smokeless loads. That is, except for all that darn smoke. Clean up is a breeze. My pistols, rifle and shotgun are spic and span clean in much less time than it would have taken had I shot smokeless. The only drawback I saw is having to use that snake called a side by side. Darn barrels move around so much it is like trying to put a round peg in a square hole. We managed and had a peach of a time.

Thanks again Max for all your hard work and love of the game!

Howdy all

and Thanks to the kind comments.

Yes will get the scores up on our web site in a few days and let you know when we have them posted.

Will Start planning the 2014 soon so all come on back and have a good time

Man from Little River

Had a great time, though I confess to preferring smokeless.

Smokeless is just a passing fad!!

Jane and I had a great time. A big THANK YOU to Man from Little River, Mizz Pitty and Big John Denny!!

It was a great match, see you guys next year.

Smokeless is just a passing fad!!

Jane and I had a great time. A big THANK YOU to Man from Little River, Mizz Pitty and Big John Denny!!

It was a great match, see you guys next year.

I'll pass before the fad, CC. GOOD SHOOTING BTW!

I'll pass before the fad, CC. GOOD SHOOTING BTW!

Thanks pard, it was good to see you!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Next year will be better yet!

Pitty

I can't wait!!

Howdy all

and Thanks to the kind comments.

Yes will get the scores up on our web site in a few days and let you know when we have them posted.

Will Start planning the 2014 soon so all come on back and have a good time

Man from Little River

Great match MFLR....liked the stages and had fun. Are the scores up yet?

Archived