SASS Wire Forum

Midwest Regional - Gunsmoke

Turkey Legs #48384

It is September and that time of year again for one of my favorite shoots - GUNSMOKE! Now the new Midwest Regional. I don't know about all you other cowgirls and cowboys but I am STOKED - it is only 16 days away and counting.

Lesson plans for school done - check - ammo loaded - check - reservations made - check - ready for one hell of a shoot and seeing everyone - PRICELESS!

If you haven't been there - there is still some slots left .... so git-r-done and get your app in!

TL B) (who is excited as a tick on a dog)

That is a big 1+! This is one of the top shoots in the country and it's at the top of our list of MUST DO SHOOTS!

ANOTHER PLUS -- The Slick McClade "Straightened Trigger" will be allowed at Gunsmoke. Drifter told me so. Yippee!

We're ready to go and can' wait to see everyone. Don't know if it's filled up yet or not (I heard it was getting close) but if it's not and you haven't signed up - SIGN UP!! You won't be sorry. These folks know how to party!

Looking forward to it!!!

pbcc

Crap i have a lot of ammo to load in 16 days.. Oh well getting excited and can't wait to shoot

DANGITALLTOHECK!!!

I'm gonna' hafta miss this one and it's just chappin' my behind!! There ain't no better hosts than Drifter and his bunch!! This is a great range, a fabulous organization, and a top notch match. Fast and friendly with up close targets, movement, and great props!!

I'm thoroughly jealous of anyone who's getting to go this year!! :(

Crap i have a lot of ammo to load in 16 days.. Oh well getting excited and can't wait to shoot

Don't have enough time to load? Awwwww........... I got's PLENTY TIME!!!!!!

C'mon over to the tipi, we'll see if'n we cant get that wife of yours to run across the parkin' lot again. ;)

Drifter said he'd have a place for us, see ya there!!

Knarley

Gonna be fun to see where all the locals fit in with some of the best in the country. The worst thing about Gunsmoke is that it only happens once a year. Where other clubs put on a shoot, Gunsmoke puts on an EVENT!!!

Yaaahoooo looking forward to it. Ammo heck. I gotta make sum "Apple Pie" for Miss Kitty Morris"!!!

CPK

Okay, I'm taking a short break from range work.

The stages are set up and tweaked. I feel very confident the shooters are gonna love 'em. The range has been spruced up a bit. We've added some pine trees on a stage that throws a whole new dimension into the mix.

The CVV crew has been working tirelessly on getting things painted, built, cleaned and organized.

The red carpet is getting rolled out in thirteen more day...and I can't wait to see everyone rollin' in on it.

Okay, I'm taking a short break from range work.

The stages are set up and tweaked. I feel very confident the shooters are gonna love 'em. The range has been spruced up a bit. We've added some pine trees on a stage that throws a whole new dimension into the mix.

The CVV crew has been working tirelessly on getting things painted, built, cleaned and organized.

The red carpet is getting rolled out in thirteen more day...and I can't wait to see everyone rollin' in on it.

Do we getta cut down the trees with our shotguns?

CPK

Actually, I have a stage set up where you have to move throught a small forest of variously sized Christmas trees to see your next targets. If'n yer shootin' the trees, your not a very goot shot, plus you may be accused of having serious enviromental issues :P

9 MORE DAYS!!!

Alright 14 days left! Griz it is an awesome match that you really should make some year. Cowboy Rance and MJ can't wait to see you guys again! Blackwater sorry you can't make it - haven't seen ya much this year - hope to see ya next year!

TL!! I hate not makin' some of these matches, but I have been some new places and met a few new folks this year! I hope you folks are plannin' to make it to Wartrace this year. I've missed seeing you and Granny Annie and a large assortment of my other favorite folks. I do have Indiana State, Smokeout, and CAC on the list for this fall and I'm getting to shoot with the workers at Alabama too.

On the up side!! The band has been much busier this year, so I'm makin' a few extra bucks and that'll pay for a little more shootin'! I ain't plannin' on disappearin' anytime soon.

I'll get back up there soon!!

And Grizz!! She ain't wrong!!

Hellerhighwater - This is gonna be better than ever 'cause it's now a Regional. It had to have been about the best state match - sounds as though Indiana is trying to fill those shoes.

CR

I'm putting the posses together now...(Ugh, what a daunting task.)

I promise to do my absolute best to fill everyone's "posse with" request. I do need to put a disclaimer on that though, as it may not be 100% possible. Hopefully I'll have the list on the website by tomorrow sometime. Hang in there.

Now...back to that aforementioned daunting task...

I'm putting the posses together now...(Ugh, what a daunting task.)

I promise to do my absolute best to fill everyone's "posse with" request. I do need to put a disclaimer on that though, as it may not be 100% possible. Hopefully I'll have the list on the website by tomorrow sometime. Hang in there.

Now...back to that aforementioned daunting task...

If'n ya put me and Wronggun on different posses, She has ta pull the cart ;)

:ph34r: Who said that????

The Judge and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kate

Howdy Kate,

On behalf of the entire crew at the CVV, we are honored to have you guys as our guests, and we look forward to shooting and partying with you!

I believe most of the arrangements have been made already, but if there is anything you need, just let us know.

7 more days!

This is it people ..... 3 more days before the lead starts flying down range! Can't wait to see the improvements or "tweaks" as Drifter calls them.. Though I don't know how you can improve on something that has always been AWESOME!

TL (Who is as excited as a squirrel hiding nuts)

Yup looking forwert tu heading out on Tuesday!

looooooooooong drive, especially getting around Cheecago.....yuck!

pbcc

CP Depending on where you live I wouldn't go around Chicago but straight across on I-80 to I-39 and up or take I-80 all the way over to I-35 in Iowa and up. I-90 out of Chicago around Schaumburg or a little after all the way to Rockford is under construction (about 65 miles) widening to 3 lanes and tearing down and making new bridges. Speed limit a whooping 45 ... and brother in Illinois ya better not go to much over that.

TL

THANK YOU! Those were the ways I was leaning towards. 80-380-35

see you there!

pbcc

All the talk this weekend at shoots here in central Iowa....Who's bringing what to drink. Got our bottles all coordinated.

CPK

THANK YOU! Those were the ways I was leaning towards. 80-380-35

see you there!

pbcc

This is the best way from the east. 218 from Waterloo is divided 4 lane and finishes the 380 leg around Mason City. It's an hour quicker than going to Des Moines and north on 35.

CC ya there!

CR

OK... Gotta' question... :blink:

Cowboy Sporting Clays at Gunsmoke...

I've never done it.. :mellow:

Always thought about it...

How does it work?

How much ammo is needed?

SxS OK?

Everybody usin' Cowboy shotguns?

I see mornin' shift and afternoon shift... Same match continued?? or 2 different matches??

I'm shootin' the warm up stages.. gonna be a lot of shootin' fer an ol' fart.. :wacko:

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I'd like ta try it but... just don't know nuthin' about it.. :blush:

Archived