SASS Wire Forum

HS teacher assigns kids to stand on US flag; town reacts swiftly

Subdeacon Joe

When a Kentucky high school art teacher placed a U.S. flag on the floor and encouraged everyone to basically use it as a doormat, both students and parents thought she had taken the concept of “artistic license” a bit too far.

I bet that ditz is still confused as to why people didn't "get" whatever message she thought she was conveying to the public.

And “[To say] I am devastated by my actions bringing outrage and negativity on you is a gross understatement.”.

Yeah...it must have been a real slap in the face to you that you were not as clever and artsy as you thought you were.

Although the teacher has apologized, I'm still astounded the teacher was so utterly asinine.

I'll bet a lot of her past and present pupils don't see any problem with what she did.

And isn't that the point... for now.

Well, she apologized.

That makes everything alright in today's world, doesn't it...unless your name is Paula Dean or some other poor soul who has insulted some leftist person, or group, or ideal.

I'M sorry, but that sort of after-action apology just doesn't carry much weight with me any more, no matter how sincere it is.....and most aren't very convincing.

Apology for what?

She did this on purpose.

She had a point she wanted to make.

It was not a spur of the moment idea.

It was premeditated.

Apology not accepted.

Some one ought to pee on her car door then apologize.

See if she accepts the apology.

Apology for what?

She did this on purpose.

She had a point she wanted to make.

It was not a spur of the moment idea.

It was premeditated.

Apology not accepted.

Some one ought to pee on her car door then apologize.

See if she accepts the apology.

When I worked for a handyman service a good portion of my work week was taken up with removing graffiti. Came across a stenciled one "Don't be afraid, it's only street art." I SO wanted to catch the little snot in action, get out some of spray paint I carried and spray that message on his car. The reaction would have been interesting, I bet.

That wasn't an apology. :angry: :angry:

It was a statement. She was surprised that the backward hillbillies were so ignorant that they didn't recognize or appreciate avant garde art.

Somehow, I doubt her replacement will do something stupid like that.

The picture in that news article shows the flag positioned as a rug. It was under what appeared to be the sign-in book at the door to the library or somesuch. If you had to sign in, you had to walk on the flag.

BTW, did the article say there would be a replacement for her? Where did that come from?

That wasn't an apology. :angry: :angry:

It was a statement. She was surprised that the backward hillbillies were so ignorant that they didn't recognize or appreciate avant garde art.

Somehow, I doubt her replacement will do something stupid like that.

Bingo! Took the words right out of my mouth, pard. She is probably sitting around with her like-minded "friends," rambling on about how backward are the people she has to deal with, or some such America-hating rot.

Well, speculation on why she did it, or what moved her to do it, is just that, speculation.

The fact that she DID DO IT, is source for the reaction by her employer and her student's parents.

As if it matters, her apology is as empty as a dry sieve.

She should be dismissed, in my opinion.

When you pay them crap, you get crap for applicants.

That "underpaid school teacher" crap has about worn out, too. When I was working in financial services I had dozens of public school teacher clients earning $80,000 a year plus, and two teacher family incomes over $140,000 were fairly common.

Sure beats hell out of the $330 a month I earned when I started teaching.

If they don't like the wages they should seek different employment. I did.

She needs a size 10 tony lama inserted so far up her rectum so you can put your foot down her throat to put the boot on. THEN fired and teacher credentials pulled, I'm SOOOO sick of these worthless jackasses

This is what happens with the dumbing down of American education. Now we have dumb teachers teaching even less to our soon to be even dumber generation.

I know that Jay Leno's "Man On The Street" is supposed to be funny, but I just cringe at the stupidity displayed by kids in college or people that are out working and voting.

It's the same on Watters' World.

This is what happens with the dumbing down of American education. Now we have dumb teachers teaching even less to our soon to be even dumber generation.

I know that Jay Leno's "Man On The Street" is supposed to be funny, but I just cringe at the stupidity displayed by kids in college or people that are out working and voting.

It's the same on Watters' World.

I agree.

I was told that few people can tell you how many stars there are on the flag or how many strips. I was told that women were the worst. So I decided I'd walk around the office and ask. I am sad to report that not one woman correctly answered how many stars were on the flag and less than half answered correctly how many strips were on the flag. However, I doubt any of them would have done what that asinine teacher did.

I agree.

I was told that few people can tell you how many stars there are on the flag or how many strips. I was told that women were the worst. So I decided I'd walk around the office and ask. I am sad to report that not one woman correctly answered how many stars were on the flag and less than half answered correctly how many strips were on the flag. However, I doubt any of them would have done what that asinine teacher did.

Well, the majority of folks think Ben Franklin was a President. :rolleyes:

You have to remember, if these women voted for "O" then there are 57 states. He said so. :D

8th grade use to cover US History.

Now I wonder if it only covers Welfare eligibility requirements and how to get around the sytem more than once.

Well, the majority of folks think Ben Franklin was a President. :rolleyes:

But Utah, Ben Franklin was a President. Twice.

He was President of the Board of Trustees of the College, Academy & Charitable School of Philadelphia, and President of the Pennsylvania's Supreme Executive Council. :P^_^

I found that by googling 'Ben Franklin president.'

50 stars, 13 stripes (7 red, 6 white)..... <_<

Nope...only 6 stripes. Red field with 6 white stripes. And on a blue canton, 50 white stars, arranged 6 and 5. (Gules, 6 bars Argent, on a canton Azure, 50 mullets of 5, arranged 6 and 5, Argent)

You have to remember, if these women voted for "O" then there are 57 states. He said so. :D

8th grade use to cover US History.

Now I wonder if it only covers Welfare eligibility requirements and how to get around the sytem more than once.

No, he said he had BEEN to 57 states and had one to go, not counting AK and HI. So, 60 states. That 20% graveyard vote he is used to from Chicago.

Joe, how is it we have a flag described by the rules of heraldry, when we have no aristocracy, and no knights, so have no heraldry?

'Sides, ain't "argent" silver, not white?

Joe, how is it we have a flag described by the rules of heraldry, when we have no aristocracy, and no knights, so have no heraldry?

'Sides, ain't "argent" silver, not white?

Heraldry is heraldry, no matter where. Heck, the army is full of it: http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/ About 12 years ago I was looking up something there, found a mistake, emailed them calling it to their attention, suggested two slightly better ways to blazon the device. Got a nice email back thanking me and informing me that the blazon had been changed to one of my suggestions.

Argent is the standard for "white" in blazonry. Silver, if used, is called "Silver." At least in British heraldry.

Well, she apologized.

That makes everything alright in today's world, doesn't it...unless your name is Paula Dean or some other poor soul who has insulted some leftist person, or group, or ideal.

I'M sorry, but that sort of after-action apology just doesn't carry much weight with me any more, no matter how sincere it is.....and most aren't very convincing.

+1 pard

Archived