SASS Wire Forum

HATE the plastic ties in toys

Trigger Mike

My son had his birthday yesterday and like always every single gift was tied into the box with the plastic ties tied tight. My knife slipped and the point went straight into the base of the finger on the other hand, just where the finger hits the hand. It has hurt and is hard to move since last night. The tip went in deep. While that is my fault, why can't they use bread bag ties with the tied end where you can reach it?

The kids would take them out at the stores.

It would be great if retail theft wasn't a billion dollar problem but alas, it is. :angry: So manufacturers have had to make it difficult to remove something from it's packaging.

And I use the handy Gerber also. Got tired of stabbing myself andfd the product.;)

The kids would take them out at the stores.

It's not just the kids. The kids would take them out of the box and play with them in the store. Adults would steal them for their kids. It's sad.

Lafitte

We open presents at my house on Christmas Day right after brunch. Five grandkids generate lots of packages full of plastic ties with some even plastic covered wire. If we sat and unwound each tie I would have to feed everyone supper. Before the gift opening starts I hand out wire cutters to each of my sons-in-law and keep one for myself. Snip, snip and we're done.

Cutting the ties on the correct side of the locking part so you can save and reuse them. I do, especially the real long ones.

Try listening to Thor Ramsey [Christian comedian] very funny jokes about ties on toys. He is the first act on the DVD "Thou Shalt Laugh" with 4 other comedians; mc'd by Patricia Heaton. I streamed it on Netflix.

Skit: He tries to get his daughter's new dolly out of the package. After working on it for some time without success says, Well, Honey, looks like she's on death row. She has some nice plastic on the front though so you can visit her any time you like. Hi dolly! [hand on the phone], Can't wait till you get out!

They are strappin these toys in and around [making many gestures] and this is someone's job. Who does this? where is this done?? I can only imagine that this is done by someone at a state correctional facility somewhere---

IF I'M NOT GOIN' ANYWHERE---YOU'RE NOT GOIN ANYWHERE!!

Archived