SASS Wire Forum

Thinkin' were headin' to Syria...

..... and then maybe we're not headin' to Syria! Thanks to the person who'd rather play golf than lead our nation, what little respect the world had for America took another major body blow yesterday when, after days of posturing and threats, he suddenly turns tail and says it's not up to him, but up to congress. Oh and by the way, congress is on recess and won't be back for another week!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Kicked the can down the road. Now the Syrian government is trumpeting a victory over us while the oppositionis calling O a coward.

Good job. Pissed off everybody!

By the time Congress re-convenes, debates, and decides what to do, even if they say "go ahead", Asshead (did I mispell that?) will have moved the chem stuff and replaced them with orphans, puppies, and grandmas..

Oy!

Well, I have not see any viable policy on the middle east, since even before Benghazi.

I doubt that we will ever learn what happened there.

But then again, I guess to Hillary, it happened a long time ago and it really doesn't matter. Barry was busy

playing golf, so I guess he wasn't involved.

Without troops on the ground to find and destroy all of Assads WMD's they will fall into the hands of Al Qaeda, the freedom fighters that McCain and Obama love so much, IMHO, of course.

We are d*mned if we do and d*mned if we don't. Assad is a buddy of Iran. Lots of folks on both sides of the aisle have itched to take a swat at Iran. The Syrian rebels have become so infested with extremists, including Big Al Quaida, that a victory for them would assure that moderate pro-democracy forces would be swept aside. Then all of that nasty stuff Assad has gotten from Russia and China ends up in some really bad hands. We can politically lean on Assad and Iran a bit - not so much Al Quaida. I say "Better the Devil you know."

A good portion of the "nasty stuff" was transferred from Iraq in the lead up to OIF.

Maybe this time it will be every bit worth one of ypur children or grand children just like Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Lebanon, Somalia....

Me? I've hugged so many Gold Star Moms and Dads since 2000 that my heart can't ache anymore.

Not one more American kid is worth it....not one.

I have been wondering about all the weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION that was touted as not being in existence during the early stages of the Iraq war. The lefty press really beat up on George and Rumsfeld about the absence of WMDs in the aftermath. Of course that was several months after the war started that they actually looked and could not find it. There was a lot of open road between Iraq and Syria and some talk of the transfer then. Saddam would not have given it to Iran for sure, and Syria seems like a good choice given the alliances there.

Given that we might have a clue of what we would do AFTER WE BLEW UP SOMETHING in Syria, I might be in favor of some kind of action. But drawing a red line in the sand is not going to get the job done, that is for sure.

That is for dang sure.

JMOYMMV

I agree with you Brother King.

Too much Young American blood for too little.

Even if we don't so anything about it now - I guarantee someday we will be involved in some conflict in the Middle East....it's inevitable sadly...and it's going to be VERY ugly....(as if it isn't already)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

With apologies to Country Joe and the Fish...

\

Come on all o' you big strong men

Barack Obama needs a helpin hand

Got himself in a terrible jam

Just a little west of Iraq 'n Iran

Man your battle stations and try not to stress

We're in another dang MidEast mess

And it's one two, three

How'd we ever get here?

Don't worry there's nothin to fear

He'll be here for Three More Years

And it's five, six, seven

Fire up the missles boys

Ya gotta trust me now. it'll turn out fine

He'll just draw another red line

Old Assad don't give a crap

Got plenty of nerve gas in his lap

Got hackers to mess up the wall street journal

Got a fancy palace with gold plated urinals

He can thumb his nose at the USA

And Barry don't know what to say

A good portion of the "nasty stuff" was transferred from Iraq in the lead up to OIF.

I believe Syria had chemical weapons long before OIF, Assad (and his father) just kept his mouth shut. There was a fair amount of chemical weapon proliferation in the mid-east prior to the Iraq-Iran War. This was one of the biggest reasons Israel developed nuclear weapons. Saddam's chemical weapons were just the best known because, with one exception, he was the only one to use them. First against the Iranians, then against the Kurds in his own country. The one exception was the ineffectual use of mustard gas by Egyptian forces during the Yemen Civil War during the 1960s.

I believe Syria had chemical weapons long before OIF, Assad (and his father) just kept his mouth shut. There was a fair amount of chemical weapon proliferation in the mid-east prior to the Iraq-Iran War. This was one of the biggest reasons Israel developed nuclear weapons. Saddam's chemical weapons were just the best known because, with one exception, he was the only one to use them. First against the Iranians, then against the Kurds in his own country. The one exception was the ineffectual use of mustard gas by Egyptian forces during the Yemen Civil War during the 1960s.

I have no doubt that many of Hussein's WMD's were shipped to Syria...

With apologies to Country Joe and the Fish...

\

Come on all o' you big strong men

Barack Obama needs a helpin hand

Got himself in a terrible jam

Just a little west of Iraq 'n Iran

Man your battle stations and try not to stress

We're in another dang MidEast mess

And it's one two, three

How'd we ever get here?

Don't worry there's nothin to fear

He'll be here for Three More Years

And it's five, six, seven

Fire up the missles boys

Ya gotta trust me now. it'll turn out fine

He'll just draw another red line

Old Assad don't give a crap

Got plenty of nerve gas in his lap

Got hackers to mess up the wall street journal

Got a fancy palace with gold plated urinals

He can thumb his nose at the USA

And Barry don't know what to say

That is freakin PRICELESS!

I have no doubt that many of Hussein's WMD's were shipped to Syria...

Pretty well documented at various levels.

Syria had some of their own, and Saddam's were added. All Bathists.

This will be my last word on this issue on this thread - won't even rebuttal if there is opposing view. My pastor wrote this and it shed some light on my own personal thoughts from a Biblical perspective - both for and against:

http://pastorstevedemers.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/syria-united-states-and-what-to-do-now.html

Of course we all know that the situation can change either way in the near future...

No need to worry, "Mimi" Pelosi is getting advice from her 5 year old grandson.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-nancy-pelosi-consulted-5-year-old-grandson-on-war-with-syria/

Archived