SASS Wire Forum

Thinkin' were headin' to Syria...

Anyways fellas...I will undoubtedly support our military in whatever decision is made by our government...and I reckon y'all will too...God bless our country and folks like y'all....

GG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways fellas...I will undoubtedly support our military in whatever decision is made by our government...and I reckon y'all will too...God bless our country and folks like y'all....

GG

+1 :FlagAm:

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 29, 2013 - language
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 29, 2013 - language

Where are Country Joe and the Fish when we need them? ;).

Give me a "F"

Give me a "U"

You have the opportunity between choosing and supporting a family run dictatorship, or choosing a potential religious dictatorship rum by Islamic extremists and terrorists. Let the war run its pace, and sit back and watch, supplying humanitarian aid when and where required. Both sides will hate a coalition no matter how good the intensions. Boots on the ground will only cost the US & Canada good men and accomplish nothing. There are NO good guys over there, let Allah sort it out.

Where are Country Joe and the Fish when we need them? ;).

Havin' hash 'n' eggs 'n' beer down to Alices with Arlo..... :rolleyes:

You have the opportunity between choosing and supporting a family run dictatorship, or choosing a potential religious dictatorship rum by Islamic extremists and terrorists. Let the war run its pace, and sit back and watch, supplying humanitarian aid when and where required. Both sides will hate a coalition no matter how good the intensions. Boots on the ground will only cost the US & Canada good men and accomplish nothing. There are NO good guys over there, let Allah sort it out.

Unfortunately for them there is no Allah....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Latest Radio blip said Russian warships in route to Syria.

Havin' hash 'n' eggs 'n' beer down to Alices with Arlo..... :rolleyes:

24 hours later and I'm having hash and eggs.

Howdy-do Pards...that was a horrible thing over there. When I saw it, jaded as I am about the ulterior motives in politics, the shocking thought crossed my mind that US had something to do with it to give an excuse to go in and change their leadership. Heaven forbid we should go there...

Howdy-do Pards...that was a horrible thing over there. When I saw it, jaded as I am about the ulterior motives in politics, the shocking thought crossed my mind that US had something to do with it to give an excuse to go in and change their leadership. Heaven forbid we should go there...

Beware the conspiracy theory syndrome. No good ever comes of it.

The Brits backing out might put a damper on things for awhile.

Elections have consequences.

5 years of Amateur Hour and now we have a most difficult situation growing more difficult by the minute.

Russian shipsnow moving in to Med alongside ours. Not a lot of good options as we have steadily painted ourselves into this box over the last few years. Words and actions of the World's leader have consequences.

I pray God - please give our President some sage counsel (he's been sorlely lacking that with the idealogues who surround him), and for him to LISTEN! Amen

The use of chemical weapons without incurring consequences is a VERY, VERY dangerous precident to allow to happen. Chemicals and biologicals are far easier to manufacture than processing fissionable materials (uranium, plutonium). For that reason, it is far easier for any terrorist organization to obtain (see the Japanese subway terror attack!)!!! Supposing Assad allows Hezbollah to have some nerve gas, and Hezbollah attacks an Israeli village... Whatever Israel's response would be, it wouldn't bring back the dead. Saddam Hussein used nerve and blister agents against his own people...and paid the price, however badly implimented. Assad AND terrorests MUST NOT be allowed to utilized these weapons with impunity! What form of action would be the most effective, I'm sure the Pentagon has a number of scenarios to recommend to the President.

However...because the United States has not been attacked directly, the President, by the Constitution, should/must get the approval of Congress, at least in the form of a resolution authorizing military action. With an off-year election coming up next year, and many Americans against military intervention of any kind in Syria, it might be hard to get the votes required. This may be made even mor difficult now that he British Parliament has rejected a similar request by their prime minister!

Stay tuned...

fortunately, UB, thinkin' something don't make it so. I'm prayin O & Congress will conspire with allies first. that's a good thing,

Looks like someone in Syrian gov't has claimed the act as their own.

Good to see ya YUL! are you comin to Gunfight in Oct.? I'll make sure you get back to your camp :P

catch ya on another thread...

500,000 hacked to death with machetes in Rwanda and no one lifted a finger. 355 die in a chemical attack and to teach the Syrians a lesson we want to use Cruse missles and kill thousands. As I get older all this makes less and less sense. One thing that makes no sense is to involve ourselves in a middle eastern civil war. We lost 600,000 in our civil war. Even so we would not have appreciated foreign intervention.

500,000 hacked to death with machetes in Rwanda and no one lifted a finger. 355 die in a chemical attack and to teach the Syrians a lesson we want to use Cruse missles and kill thousands. As I get older all this makes less and less sense. One thing that makes no sense is to involve ourselves in a middle eastern civil war. We lost 600,000 in our civil war. Even so we would not have appreciated foreign intervention.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The Confederacy appreciated intervention :D...and we did from France during OUR Revolution ;) ....just sayin'

G( of course WE aint Syria LOL)G

I doubt the casualties would be that heavy but the end result would be just a bigger mess. As we speak, atrocities are being committed in numerous countries around the globe and we're doing what about it? Nada!

The humanitarian in in me weeps at the carnage and the loss of innocent lives that continues.

But the rational person in me says we are once again embarking on a path that will not serve the American people well.

In order to bring the world wide carnage to a halt, we need the WORLD CONSCIOUS to kick in and demand it stop. Personally, I do not see that happening. As much as it may come to a surprise to some, the US does not have control of the moral circumstances in the world. Spending our youth and treasury trying to prove that we do, is futile in my opinion, not to mention foolhardy and not in our interest as a people,

I do believe that we are sitting on a powder keg in the middle east and if some rational thought is not given to the situation, that the balloon could go up big time.

The Confederacy appreciated intervention :D...and we did from France during OUR Revolution ;) ....just sayin'

G( of course WE aint Syria LOL)G

Pretty weak intervention for the Confederacy though. Didn't help.

So I guess we're domestically 1 and 1 on the intervention thing. ;)

Pretty weak intervention for the Confederacy though. Didn't help.

So I guess we're domestically 1 and 1 on the intervention thing. ;)

Weak or not it was intervention. :D

GG

We are d*mned if we do and d*mned if we don't. Assad is a buddy of Iran. Lots of folks on both sides of the aisle have itched to take a swat at Iran. The Syrian rebels have become so infested with extremists, including Big Al Quaida, that a victory for them would assure that moderate pro-democracy forces would be swept aside. Then all of that nasty stuff Assad has gotten from Russia and China ends up in some really bad hands. We can politically lean on Assad and Iran a bit - not so much Al Quaida. I say "Better the Devil you know."

When your enemies are killing one another, why interfere? I think it's that simple. Sorry about all the people getting killed; but, they are not American lives being sacrificed. As a Vietnam veteran, I don't want to see one more American life put on the line for some backward ass country whose people have been fighting amongst themselves for 1000's of years. We are in this position because Obamaman went off his teleprompter again and stuck his big foot in his oversized mouth about Syria crossing some imaginary red line with the use of chemical weapons. Now he's trying to figure out how to save face by putting American boys in harms way. I say, no more! Just my humble opinion.

Cruise missles won't endanger any US troops, but I don't see any good outcome rom our involvement.

Putting Assad out of business will likely have the same wonderful results as getting rid of Saddam Hussein.

From our pastor - FWIW:

While understanding that "we are not the world's policemen" and that we are "tired of war" and all the other reasons that we do not want to "start something" in Syria, a review of history shows that both World War I and World War II began and spread because the United States did NOT act and tried to stay out of what was thought to be a "regional" conflict. Evil spreads - it's the nature of the "beast" ... May God grant wisdom and strength to President Obama and those who make such important decisions.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, the President has said we ARE going to punish Syria. Only, he needs to get Congress to approve any military action...when they come back in session in 9 days or so. Meanwhile Assad is moving most of his military assets, including the chemicals around, to make it more difficult to find them. I agree WE CANNOT LET THE USE OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS GO UNPUNISHED. But the way Obama is going about it, he might as well give Assad an engraved alert as to when and where! Assad has said if the U.S. strikes Syria, Syria will attack Israel. If that happens, Israel is NOT going to stand by and take it the way they did Iraqui scuds. We are now in pretty much of a lose-lose situation. Danged if we do, danged if we don't. The world is pretty much laughing at us!

"Cock the gun that is not loaded,

Cook the frozen dynamite.

But, oh beware my country,

if my country grows polite!"

Rudyard Kipling

Archived