SASS Wire Forum

Thinkin' were headin' to Syria...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like I read a proverb once where when you meddle in someone else's affairs it is like grabbing a dog by the ears. basically once you grab it you don't dare let go else you get bit and the hole time you are holding on for dear life and can't wait to get away.

seems like I read a proverb once where when you meddle in someone else's affairs it is like grabbing a dog by the ears. basically once you grab it you don't dare let go else you get bit and the hole time you are holding on for dear life and can't wait to get away.

Seems as such....sheesh.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GAS GAS GAS.........ooops just me I Pharted!! :D The whole thing stinks!!!! <_<

Time to MYOB. Let them kill each other off. The more the better, that’s fewer
terrorists or future terrorists trying to kill us

I fully support the use of aircraft and ground troops.

As long as they're French.

I don't care what you say, Bush did it!

Both sides hate the USA.

My opinion.

We either stay complete out of it...very unlikely or we bomb starting at one border and go to the other not stopping until we get an unconditional surrender from both sides. Not less is acceptable.

I wrote to my congressman and both senators, asking that we not get directly involved in Syria. This despite the fact that I have some Syrian cousins. I pointed out that there are plenty of powers (such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia) in the area that have vested interest in the outcome and we should let them handle it.

Duffield

It’s time in this case to MYOB. There is no down side to letting them kill each other off.
Both sides want all of us infidels dead and won’t be satisfied until we are so
the fewer there are to try to accomplish that the better

It’s time in this case to MYOB. There is no down side to letting them kill each other off.

Both sides want all of us infidels dead and won’t be satisfied until we are so

the fewer there are to try to accomplish that the better

I hear ya 100% - but it's the chemical weapon thing that bothers me now. No matter who wins the precedent/allowance of using such weapons will only encourage more use and eventually they will be made in quantity enough to sell off to terrorists and be smuggled into our country and be used on our homeland. It's a MESS indeed....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I don't care what you say, Bush did it!

I dont think so.

You can blame 1/2 the bill $hit we have going on on Bill C.

and his Nafta BS .

So I heard this on the news. Syria did not sign on to the treaty limiting/outlawing the manufacture and use of chemical weopons. They are being accused of using them within their own borders -so international law was not broken. CNN I believe. Was reading in bed at the time.

Where are Country Joe and the Fish when we need them? ;).

So I heard this on the news. Syria did not sign on to the treaty limiting/outlawing the manufacture and use of chemical weopons. They are being accused of using them within their own borders -so international law was not broken. CNN I believe. Was reading in bed at the time.

that's funny because Syria and Iran both want a seat on the Human Rights Council in the United Nations.

GG

My son sent me a picture that was taken when he was in Fallujah on his second tour in Iraq. A fellow Marine took the picture of my son along the road on patrol and just off to his left an Iraqi man has a goat that he's butchering hanging in a tree. That was a pretty good comparison of the Iraqi war for most of our troops. Their hands were tied from the start. I doubt anything would be different in Syria or Egypt. That place isn't worth one American life, IMHO, of course.

We will probably not put any ground troops in Syria. Hardware yes.

Where are the liberals? Remember in 2003 when G.W. Bush was rattling his saber about starting a war in Iraq? The liberals all blamed Bush and called him all kinds of nasty names. My favorite was they accused him of starting an illegal war, even though he had approval from Congress. Obama, it seems, is intending on starting a war with Syria WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL. At least that's the word on the major news outlets as I write this.

Why aren't they accusing their Messiah of the same thing??? Because it's the double standard of the left.

Where are the liberals? Remember in 2003 when G.W. Bush was rattling his saber about starting a war in Iraq? The liberals all blamed Bush and called him all kinds of nasty names. My favorite was they accused him of starting an illegal war, even though he had approval from Congress. Obama, it seems, is intending on starting a war with Syria WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL. At least that's the word on the major news outlets as I write this.

Why aren't they accusing their Messiah of the same thing??? Because it's the double standard of the left.

yeah...I know. Let's keep the subject about Syria and our possible involvement. Don't want this thread to go the way of the Dodo bird because of political discussion .

GG

sitting here reading this, watching old reruns of M*A*S*H....

all I can think is it's time ta head for the nearest aspen grove for some serious prayin', unfortunately I don't think the leaves will be changing for a few more weeks..... :(

I wrote to my congressman and both senators, asking that we not get directly involved in Syria. This despite the fact that I have some Syrian cousins. I pointed out that there are plenty of powers (such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia) in the area that have vested interest in the outcome and we should let them handle it.

Duffield

My feelings also . If the Arab League has concerns about Syria let them deal with it not us.

But wait! Look:

In a recent column, the Wall Street Journal’s Bret Stephens recounted some of the paeans to Assad: In a March 2011 interview, Hillary Clinton implied that Assad was a “reformer.” In 2007, Nancy Pelosi, over strong objections from the State Department, visited Syria, and said, “The road to Damascus is a road to peace.” Senator John Kerry predicted that “Syria will change as it embraces a legitimate relationship with the United States.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/312450/assads-useful-idiots-noah-glyn

Was it Colin Powell or Scwartzkopf (I can't spell big last names) who said of Iraq "If we break it we buy it" and we are still paying for it. Once we depose the Syrian regime what happens in the vacuum? We still have time to learn from our mistakes in Iraq. Syrians will not welcome us with open arms like they did in Iraq. Wait a minute they didn't welcome us there either. When my son finished his last tour in Iraq he told me "Dad, the Iraqis hate us more now than they ever have". I'd have to agree with him.

Was it Colin Powell or Scwartzkopf (I can't spell big last names) who said of Iraq "If we break it we buy it" and we are still paying for it. Once we depose the Syrian regime what happens in the vacuum? We still have time to learn from our mistakes in Iraq. Syrians will not welcome us with open arms like they did in Iraq. Wait a minute they didn't welcome us there either. When my son finished his last tour in Iraq he told me "Dad, the Iraqis hate us more now than they ever have". I'd have to agree with him.

Believe it or not many Iraqis support the USA. Many wished we stayed to help with security and provide continued training ( which in a small degree we are still doing). They realize it was the Al Qaeda insurgency that crept in and creates havoc...and they are still dealing with that.

GG

True GG, but many more hate us. There is nothing we'll ever do about that.

True GG, but many more hate us. There is nothing we'll ever do about that.

I think the ones who hate us are actually in the minority.

But they have the weapons.

Archived