SASS Wire Forum

Finally found one... thanks all.. 1873 Delux pistol grip ,357/.38 18" Octagon Barrel

Lookin' fer a backup rifle..

Topic kinda' says it all... Uberti makes them all so.. not for or against any manufacturer...

I'd prefer an all stock one.. will take a few modifications..

My main match rifle is by Pioneer Gunworks.. with their modifications..

Must be pistol grip, 18" Octagon barrel (maybe a 20") in .357 cal.

Thanks

Rance ;)

They are sometimes on Gunbroker.

Rance, one for sale on GB in a 20 oct 357/38 pistol grip . 2 days and 11 hours left. Otherwise I think I saw Cody Conagher has them for order at the Cowboy Store.........

Regards..................Rootin Tootin

Rance, one for sale on GB in a 20 oct 357/38 pistol grip . 2 days and 11 hours left. Otherwise I think I saw Cody Conagher has them for order at the Cowboy Store.........

Regards..................Rootin Tootin

Called Cody this morning and he only as a 45LC still available from his last shipment. Said he should get more in Sept.

• 2 months later...

Last month I emailed Taylor's and asked when they would have Trappers available. Got a response the next day that Taylor's had them in stock in 45 Colt, which is what I wanted. Had a local dealer call and get it. Taylor's can tell you if they have them or who they have shipped them to.

Forgot to mention, ask for it by the catalog number. My dealer ask for a pistol grip deluxe with 18 inch octagon barrel in 45 colt. Taylor's said they didn't have them. Then he asked for it by catalog number and she said, "We do have those."

Thanks Rootin' Tootin'

I'm thinkin' I'm gonna hold off for a delux model (pistol grip)

I'm kinda' anal that I want my backup just like my match rifle..

Thanks

Rance ;)

Thinkin' ... but... uuuhhh.. How much ya wantin' fer it? :)

If you're not interested then I might keep it and see how it compares to my 20's. I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference, but we will see. I have $1100 in it on the trade if somebody wants to make me an offer. Traded a Marlin 357 CB Limited with a 24 octagon for the Trapper in 357.

Too many Marlins and wanting to try 73's................. RT :P

Rance, it is probably all in my head. I shoot the 18" barrel pistol grips better than anything else. I am glad I waited.

Thanks Lorimer...

I was beginiin' ta second guess myself.. :blush:

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I'm still lookin' ta buy what I want..

But thanks Rootin' Tootin'.. I know yer lookin' out fer me :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If a 18" is what ya want an you have a chance at 20/24 go for it my 18" was a 20" at one time. Cut,recrown an a little mag. work .Recut dovetail and good to go.I had less than $100.00 worth of smith work done an love it an the waiting is over. Just another option. NK

Nunica KId...

Says ya can't receive any messages...

Yer inbox must be full..

so I'll ask the question on the wire..

I've got a gunsmith that can recut the dovetails, recrown the barrel and shorten the magazine tube..

I've heard the forearm is longer on the 20" & 24" models..

My 20" '66 and 18" '73 has the same length forearm..

so maybe it's just the 24" with the longer forearm

If this is true can you tell me how much longer than an 18" barrel..

Thanks

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I need some light shed on it.. :)

CR sorry about pm box cant figure how to empty. Dont honestly know about 24" but my 18" I bought an my smithed 20" forearms are identical as I have one of each.I bought 18" an liked it so much had 20" cut hope this helps.NK

• 2 weeks later...

Hey , Cowboy Rance , I had Ken turn a 24" model into a 19"er for me a couple or three years back. Been much happier ever since. Didn't know about the forends being different length until I read this thread , though. Maybe that makes mine more unique. HarHar , I don't care , fits me fine.

Good Shooting , Rex :D

Archived