SASS Wire Forum

Can Bisley Grip Frames be put on Old model Plow handle Vaquero's?

Rance - SASS # 54090

Don't want to rob a thread...

I've got 2 sets of Old Model Vaquero plow handles..

One blued set and a SS set..

Will the Bisley grip frames fit on the plow handle Vaquero's?? and...

Are the Bisley grip frames legal to put on them?? and..

Are they readily available??

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I could save a lot of $$ if it's possible :):blush:

Already have the low profile hammers in both sets..

Oh yeah... I did the spoon test thingy... Mine was straight up and down.... :(

Jimmy Spurs is the go-to man for what you're wanting. He did an excellent job on my old style Vaqueros.

Ghost

Rance you gamer! :D

Yes Bisley frames will fit on OM Vaqueros. But under current SASS rules you must put a Bisley trigger & hammer with Bisley grip frames. No Super Blackhawk hammers or regular Vaquero triggers. Brownells sometimes has Bisley grip frames. To me they are expensive especially when you have to add the hammer & trigger.

Take care my friend, see you on the trail!

Marlin

You can put Bisley gripframes on Vaqueros. You also need to install the Bisley hammers and triggers as they are different than the plow handles. The grip frames are available. However by the time you buy the frames, triggers, hammers, screws and new grips it would probably be cheaper to sell your guns and buy Bisleys.

Rance you gamer! :D

Yes Bisley frames will fit on OM Vaqueros. But under current SASS rules you must put a Bisley trigger & hammer with Bisley grip frames. No Super Blackhawk hammers or regular Vaquero triggers. Brownells sometimes has Bisley grip frames. To me they are expensive especially when you have to add the hammer & trigger.

Take care my friend, see you on the trail!

Marlin

You can put Bisley gripframes on Vaqueros. You also need to install the Bisley hammers and triggers as they are different than the plow handles. The grip frames are available. However by the time you buy the frames, triggers, hammers, screws and new grips it would probably be cheaper to sell your guns and buy Bisleys.

Dang.. was afraid I was gonna hear somethin' like that..

Thanks Mr. Pettifogger and Mr. Buckhorn...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' see ya at Fall Roundup Marlin :)

Archived