SASS Wire Forum

Stephen King Supports 2nd Amendment?

Curley Fryes

On "Under the Dome" last night there was a scene where the town councilman wanted to collect all the firearms from people to keep the town safe. The Sheriff then said "It's their constitutional right.....". I said "right on!"

On "Under the Dome" last night there was a scene where the town councilman wanted to collect all the firearms from people to keep the town safe. The Sheriff then said "It's their constitutional right.....". I said "right on!"

B)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I don't know. I would have had to have seen the whole thing in context.

"Bones", one time, she was applying for a permit to carry a gun (in Washington DC - yeah, right), and she was applying with the FBI because it would be a Federal permit to carry a gun (again - yeah, right), and after Booth turned her down, she angrily said something like "Why let me go through the application process if you already knew you would turn me down?"

He says, "It is every citizen's Constitutional right to apply for a permit to have a gun".

Really? It don't say that in MY copy.

I don't know. I would have had to have seen the whole thing in context.

"Bones", one time, she was applying for a permit to carry a gun (in Washington DC - yeah, right), and she was applying with the FBI because it would be a Federal permit to carry a gun (again - yeah, right), and after Booth turned her down, she angrily said something like "Why let me go through the application process if you already knew you would turn me down?"

He says, "It is every citizen's Constitutional right to apply for a permit to have a gun".

Really? It don't say that in MY copy.

Well...that was a different show.

I reckon Curley saw it right - even if he doesn't know that's it's actually Chevys and Dodges that look like poo :D

Of dourse after the sheriff said that the town councilman instituted a voluntary turn in and thesheep filed down and handed in their guns......except for that one guy.

King is not a 2nd Amendment supporter. He is pro gun control.

http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/347787/stephen-king-and-second-amendment

Of dourse after the sheriff said that the town councilman instituted a voluntary turn in and thesheep filed down and handed in their guns......except for that one guy.

King is not a 2nd Amendment supporter. He is pro gun control.

http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/347787/stephen-king-and-second-amendment

Stephen King owns a gun himself. You CAN support both gun control and the 2nd amendment.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 20, 2013 - Insultng other members again
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 20, 2013 - Insultng other members again

Stephen King owns a gun himself. You CAN support both gun control and the 2nd amendment.

Interesting thought...but yeah there are a couple of Wire pards that think that way too....weirdos :P

Actually, no you can't.

The Second says "Shall not be infringed".

ANY gun control is an infringement. Saying I cannot own a certain type of gun. Saying I'm too young to own a gun. Saying I cannot carry a gun in some location. Saying I can only buy a gun from certain people. Saying that I need government permission to own a gun. Saying I need government permission to carry a gun. Saying I have a criminal record so I can't own a gun. ANY of these are infringements upon my right to KEEP (which means "own") and BEAR (which means "carry") arms. Notice, the Second does not say "certain types of arms", it says, "arms", which include everything from a rock to a nuclear missile.

You cannot believe in gun control if you believe in the Second Amendment, because according to the Second Amendment any and all gun control is unConstitutional.

Actually, no you can't.

ANY gun control is an infringement. Saying I cannot own a certain type of gun. Saying I'm too young to own a gun. Saying I cannot carry a gun in some location. Saying I can only buy a gun from certain people. Saying that I need government permission to own a gun. Saying I need government permission to carry a gun. Saying I have a criminal record so I can't own a gun. ANY of these are infringements upon my right to KEEP (which means "own") and BEAR (which means "carry") arms. Notice, the Second does not say "certain types of arms", it says, "arms", which include everything from a rock to a nuclear missile.

You cannot believe in gun control if you believe in the Second Amendment, because according to the Second Amendment any and all gun control is unConstitutional.

Couldn't agree more...but there are a couple of Wire pards ( a very few) that think so...oh well.

GG

If you consider yourself above the unwashed masses perhaps. Many entertainment industry liberals are virulently anti gun but employ armed bodyguards and own personal firearms. They just don't want US to have guns.

Actually, no you can't.

Literally, you are correct. But let's take the example of one person. By choice that person has a handgun, According to that person, he is excersizing his 2nd amendment right. That same person doesn't believe that a private citizen needs an AK47. That person is supporting both, in his eyes.

If you consider yourself above the unwashed masses perhaps. Many entertainment industry liberals are virulently anti gun but employ armed bodyguards and own personal firearms. They just don't want US to have guns.

I think they're called "elitist pigs" if I not mistaken! :angry: Rye

Literally, you are correct. But let's take the example of one person. By choice that person has a handgun, According to that person, he is excersizing his 2nd amendment right. That same person doesn't believe that a private citizen needs an AK47. That person is supporting both, in his eyes.

And there is the problem. People deciding what someone else Needs.

You don't NEED that rifle.

You don't NEED that big soft drink.

The before you know it, the government decides there are lots of things you don't NEED. And they take them away.

Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. Etc etc etc....

With the exception of the convicted felon, (who is stripped of some constitutional rights, ie. voting, gun ownership/possession, etc...) the Second Amendment applys to all U.S. citizens equally. If you say that you should be able to own or possess a gun, but that others who are also citizens should not, you don't support the Second Amendment! Mr. King and others of his ilk DO NOT support the Second Amendment! They feel that they are more equal than the rest of us!!

Read the book. Any y'all have a Beretta Taurus 92?

I did, and I cringed when I saw that. I read a Jack Reacher novel that described cartridges standing vertically on a table "on their firing pins..."

Many authors just don't care enough about such details.

One of the "Destroyer" novels. A hired killer was loading ammo. He individually weighed each case, on a scale, to get three that were the exact same weight. Did the powder charge by eye, sprinkling powder into each case using a silver spoon, until it was right. Handled 20 bullets, weighing them in his hand, and sorting them until he had three that were perfect. Rolled them back and forth in his fingers, coating them with his skin oils, as a lubricant.

Read the book. Any y'all have a Beretta Taurus 92?

Bertaurus? :D

Archived