SASS Wire Forum

Kilts

Deputy Dangit

Personally, I'm thrilled CowBOY Action Shooting has a broad acceptance of Hollywood interpretation and historical accuracy when it comes to costuming. Otherwise, I would be completely excluded from the sport given that I have no intention to dress like a BOY. ;-) I'm 100% woman, thank you very much. So, where does that leave me? Well, I'm Branchwater Jack's wife. The one with the steampunk Rogue costume. I suppose it's the age gap between me and a majority of the sport, because no one at events has ever seen that outfit as anything but a saloon girl. Which is fine, because the detail and homage are there for *me*. As for the steampunk aspect, I rest my case at The Wild Wild West tv show. I adored Jim, Artemus, & the flamboyance of their world when watching westerns with my Daddy as a child. That show was my treat amongst his preference for John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. So, to get back around to the original point, kilts are fine and dandy for much the same reasons. There is historical & cinematic provenance to comply with SASS rules. Soldier on, boys!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM, I never said that it shouldn't be allowed. Talk about a pregnant pause and I'll bet that you could hear a pin drop.

I know

its the wire, I aint say ya should or shouldunt

that is the whole entertaining part of it all

lets all have a beer and shake hands or something,

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 23, 2013 - refers to something hidden
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 23, 2013 - refers to something hidden

That's a great clip, MM. Thanks fer postin it. I'll buy the next round.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 23, 2013 - No reason given

That's a great clip, MM. Thanks fer postin it. I'll buy the next round.

but only if I get ta open it with ya

lets see now,,,,,,,,,,just how????????????????/

And.....What is worn under the kilt???

http://web.ripnet.com/~nimmos/under_the_kilt.html

Hi Folks,

I really don't mind when folks wear costumes appropriate to the 1800s in other countries (including kilts), or Steampunk (I see that as something a Victorian might wear to a period masquerade ball), or the most basic within the rules. About the clothing from other countries, when someone came to the US it is reasonable to think that they brought their country of origin's ethnic clothing with them and wore that clothing somewhere. It is as believable as those of us who wear Victorian bathing suits (guilty), striped prison garb...to shoot in.

I'm just sick of seeing "Outlawed" items worn and allowed.

Carry on... (nicely) :o;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Folks,

I really don't mind when folks wear costumes appropriate to the 1800s in other countries (including kilts), or Steampunk (I see that as something a Victorian might wear to a period masquerade ball), or the most basic within the rules. About the clothing from other countries, when someone came to the US it is reasonable to think that they brought their country of origin's ethnic clothing with them and wore that clothing somewhere. It is as believable as those of us who wear Victorian bathing suits (guilty), striped prison garb...to shoot in.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Like long sleeve T-shirts with logos on the back and sleeves. While watching some vids, I noticed a very well known shooter wearing such a shirt at a match.

We allow a guy to shoot dressed up in a jack in the box head and no one says a thing, but folks will argue against a kilt? Get real. Wearing a period piece of clothing should not be an issue. Its OK in the rules and if folks don't like it they shouldn't wear a kilt themselves.

My ancestors were German and came to the U.S. in the 1850's. Does that mean I can wear a Pickelhaube? :rolleyes:

Yes.

Fillmore

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Allie Mo

tee shirts and such?

Like long sleeve T-shirts with logos on the back and sleeves. While watching some vids, I noticed a very well known shooter wearing such a shirt at a match.

Was it a match?

Were there relaxed dress codes in place for summer months???

I mean come on...I've never seen any sponsor logos on the back and sleeves of anyone at a standard SASS match.

Show me.

Phantom

Was it a match?

Were there relaxed dress codes in place for summer months???

I mean come on...I've never seen any sponsor logos on the back and sleeves of anyone at a standard SASS match.

Show me.

Phantom

My first thought was a relaxed dress code (we do it here a couple of times a year when the temps are extreme (cold or hot). But in the example I gave it was summer and the shooter was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and it was a monthly match.

My first thought was a relaxed dress code (we do it here a couple of times a year when the temps are extreme (cold or hot). But in the example I gave it was summer and the shooter was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and it was a monthly match.

It was a monthly. Obviously there was a relaxed dress code as other's had on t-shirts.

It get's real hot and muggy in some places and that's the way we roll sometimes. I think it's being a bit disingenuous to portray this happening at "Standard" SASS matches.

Phantom

My ancestors were German and came to the U.S. in the 1850's. Does that mean I can wear a Pickelhaube? :rolleyes:

Check out a U.S. M1881 Dress Helmet, Foot Service. ;)10496506_1.jpg?v=8CDC94EA7ED0B30

TJT

4 pages!! I think I need to get another Kilt!!

Archived