SASS Wire Forum

Rule clarification

Monco, please reread what I wrote in my posts. I'm agreeing with you.

Marauder, I think you misunderstand what I was saying. I'm not looking for every possible call to be made crystal clear in the manuals. I am looking for common issues to be clear, and for the manuals to not have built-in contradictions.

Yeah, I know: wishful thinking.........

dead-horse_zpsaff8d2c9.gif

Lazarus, I probably missed a sentence or two out of all of that.

I wasn' t addressing you directly, just sharing my general interpretation as rules are written today based on questions & interpretations prior to my post.....and I do like to keep things simple even though that can be impossible at times.....and I was a little bored....thought I would whack the dead horse a couple more times.

It's funny, you know. I originally posted this thinking that someone would post "Laz, you dummy, here's the answer on page XX of the RO manual. Now show it to the other guys." Two pages later it's morphed into comments on the ails of modern society.

I love the SASS wire!!

Live long and prosper!

Laz

Hi Laz,

There is a rule to cover the MSV, "• Leaving empty or live rounds in magazine or carrier of the long gun in which it was loaded." The "s" on rounds indicates one MSV, regardless of the number of rounds left.

Misses are for not firing rounds that the stage instructions required, which was 8. The shooter fired 8. Therefore the only misses would be any of those 8 that did not hit a target. No rule needed for that.

IMO, the correct call is one MSV!

Regards,

Allie "thinking this one was easy" Mo :unsure::ph34r:

Hi, Allie!

Yep, as I said earlier, I stand corrected on the number of MSVs. Howsomever, it would have made life a lot easier, standing in front of three shooters wanting to "see it in the book," if the book had said " five second penalty for each unfired round that the stage instructions require."

Luv ya, Dear! :wub:

Laz

Hi, Allie!

Yep, as I said earlier, I stand corrected on the number of MSVs. Howsomever, it would have made life a lot easier, standing in front of three shooters wanting to "see it in the book," if the book had said " five second penalty for each unfired round that the stage instructions require."

Luv ya, Dear! :wub:

Laz

Respectfully, Laz, Looking to add time to the shooter is not giving the benefit of the doubt. 8 shots were fired, any misses would obviously count. The only issue was the safety issue. Methinks you've over thought this one.

CR

Archived