SASS Wire Forum

Altanic cattle co.

rustyfinger 22618

The shoot wasn't as bad as everyone thought it would be, found out that we could drive down to the shooting lane and unload right out of the truck, or car, then we pulled back up to the club house and our stuff was all ready down waiting on us. It really worked out pretty good, my brother and I will be back next month. I think everyone had a great time, I wish there was more cowboys there but a great time was had by all!

I hope more shooters show up next month,

Gary O.

The shoot yesterday ran fairly smooth, we only had 5 shooters. The Atlanta Conservation Club expects shooters to use one of three Safe Tables when removing weapons from their cases and returning weapons to their cases, or drive down to one of five shooting bays to unload/ load your vehicles (actually MUCH easier).

This will take a few more minutes and be a little inconvenient, but not bad. I think this is reasonable and will meet my brother there next month, hope you decide to join us.

Huge thanks to Hutch and everyone who worked this issue behind the scene, this is not as bad as it started.

The shoot yesterday ran fairly smooth, we only had 5 shooters. The Atlanta Conservation Club expects shooters to use one of three Safe Tables when removing weapons from their cases and returning weapons to their cases, or drive down to one of five shooting bays to unload/ load your vehicles (actually MUCH easier).

This will take a few more minutes and be a little inconvenient, but not bad. I think this is reasonable and will meet my brother there next month, hope you decide to join us.

Huge thanks to Hutch and everyone who worked this issue behind the scene, this is not as bad as it started.

They are not weapons...they are guns.

We shoot steel...and other non-living things.

Do baseball players bring weapons to the plate????

No, they bring bats.

All things used to cause harm can be a weapon...

Carry on.

Phantom

They are not weapons...they are guns.

We shoot steel...and other non-living things.

Do baseball players bring weapons to the plate????

No, they bring bats.

All things used to cause harm can be a weapon...

Carry on.

Phantom

Gotta agree with the nomenclature issue. As an NRA instructor, this becomes a real issue when speaking of sporting firearms. Since this is a sport, the more we think about how we speak of our guns helps set the tone for the fun we have. Funtum is correct - any device used for the purpose of causing harm is a weapon. Please help us with this issue.

CR

Gotta agree with the nomenclature issue. As an NRA instructor, this becomes a real issue when speaking of sporting firearms. Since this is a sport, the more we think about how we speak of our guns helps set the tone for the fun we have. Funtum is correct - any device used for the purpose of causing harm is a weapon. Please help us with this issue.

CR

I understand and agree with your use of the word weapon when it comes to rifles and pistols. In the world we live in we do not need to add fuel to the fires of those that don,t want us to own firearms.BUT. To those of us that have served in the military saying the word gun was a sure way of getting on the bad side of your Drill Instructor who most times not so kindly reminded you that it was a WEAPON. I have been out of the service since 1985 but still find myself using service related sayings and terminology. It is something that is ingrained in you. I am going to try and do better when I speak of rifles and pistol in our sport and not call them weapons but I hope those of you that never served understand it can be a little hard sometimes. It is something that we need to work on.

What do you do if you don't case your firearms.

Good question! Drive down to the bay, take your firearms out of the vehicle and place them on the table with the muzzles downrange. Clear them and place in cart. It's really easy!

On another note: I'm an NRA Training Counselor. When I first started teaching I was always saying "weapon" and "clip" and needed to break myself of it quick! So I went to Lowes and got some gold lamp hanging chain, and a big gold C and a W. I made two necklaces. If you said the word CLIP or WEAPON you had to wear the associated necklace for 10 minutes or until the next person said it. At first I had them both around my neck all the time, lol! But it didn't take long and I was broken of it. It is important that we as gun owners speak intelligently about firearms. So I appreciate the correction some of you are making to others. The delivery could be a little kinder/gentler though, lol!

Good question! Drive down to the bay, take your firearms out of the vehicle and place them on the table with the muzzles downrange. Clear them and place in cart. It's really easy!

On another note: I'm an NRA Training Counselor. When I first started teaching I was always saying "weapon" and "clip" and needed to break myself of it quick! So I went to Lowes and got some gold lamp hanging chain, and a big gold C and a W. I made two necklaces. If you said the word CLIP or WEAPON you had to wear the associated necklace for 10 minutes or until the next person said it. At first I had them both around my neck all the time, lol! But it didn't take long and I was broken of it. It is important that we as gun owners speak intelligently about firearms. So I appreciate the correction some of you are making to others. The delivery could be a little kinder/gentler though, lol!

Good on you!

Hope it works out for ya...don't think it will...sorry.

I think the rules are a bit draconian...other clubs (there are a few clubs here in the USA), seem to do just fine. Having a low turnout and judging the performance of your club's rules on a small turnout is probably a not a wise thing...unless you plan on keeping your turnout small.

Phantom

I understand and agree with your use of the word weapon when it comes to rifles and pistols. In the world we live in we do not need to add fuel to the fires of those that don,t want us to own firearms.BUT. To those of us that have served in the military saying the word gun was a sure way of getting on the bad side of your Drill Instructor who most times not so kindly reminded you that it was a WEAPON. I have been out of the service since 1985 but still find myself using service related sayings and terminology. It is something that is ingrained in you. I am going to try and do better when I speak of rifles and pistol in our sport and not call them weapons but I hope those of you that never served understand it can be a little hard sometimes. It is something that we need to work on.

Same here -- repeat after me, "This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for...."

After only 32 years 11 months 24 days in the military, if it shoots it's a weapon.

Just saying.

And we're just saying that's a wrong way of thinking...just saying.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but the military is not always...correct.

And CAS does not exist in the military world.

Phantom

Archived