SASS Wire Forum

best way to kill a wasp nest above water

Trigger Mike

WHAT ya do is .

ya find a city boy , and tell him to go down there and relocate em

have a camara handy for the show :lol:

CB :P

Call PETA and EPA. Between them they should be able to relocate them to the proper habitat.

My personal vote is for the S X S 12 ga with a good 1 1/2 load of 9s powered by a square load of black. Permanent solution and if it is applied after dark it becomes family entertainment.

Call PETA and EPA. Between them they should be able to relocate them to the proper habitat.

My personal vote is for the S X S 12 ga with a good 1 1/2 load of 9s powered by a square load of black. Permanent solution and if it is applied after dark it becomes family entertainment.

the kids would love it and I just so happen to have GOEX Black Dawg 12 gauge in 8 shot

I fold, take the pot

An additional alternative is to take a nice heavy construction garbage bag, spray the poison in it and cover the nest and tie it shut with the same, all after dark and on a cooler evening if possible, cut off the branch if necessary on either side of the nest and mail to Judge Lewis' ex wife (wives?)

I fold, take the pot

An additional alternative is to take a nice heavy construction garbage bag, spray the poison in it and cover the nest and tie it shut with the same, all after dark and on a cooler evening if possible, cut off the branch if necessary on either side of the nest and mail to Judge Lewis' ex wife (wives?)

:lol:

My personal vote is for the S X S 12 ga with a good 1 1/2 load of 9s powered by a square load of black. Permanent solution and if it is applied after drark it becomes family entertainment.

You probably don't even need any shot. A flaming cloud of BP might take care of it right then and there.

I could break out my brown bess or springfield musket and load powder and patch, maybe for fun do what a buddy I knew did, he filled the barrel with powder and wondered why he had to get stitches and broke his gun. NOT!

I could break out my brown bess or springfield musket and load powder and patch, maybe for fun do what a buddy I knew did, he filled the barrel with powder and wondered why he had to get stitches and broke his gun. NOT!

'Bout a hunnert and twenny grains should do it. ;

My son used to have one of those "Super Soaker" squirt guns that would shoot a stream about 1/8' dia. to about 30'. I would fill it with about 1/2 amonia and 1/2 water. When it hit hornets it would knock them to the ground and I would step on them. With the nest over the water the fish might eat them.
I also used it to get rid of a swarm of honey bees that was trying to take up residency under my shed. Every day I would shoot a "Gunfull" of that mixture in the hole they were entering in, after a few days they left.
It was fun and my son would get a kick out of watching me.

I fold, take the pot

Unfortunately, wives. :(

does Copenhagen work better than pipe tobacco? I was thinking it may since it is damper.

We always keep some Copenhagen in the fridge for my grandkids. In case they get stung by something. Remember the Duke putting chaw on Kim Darby's snakebite?

get a good running start and leap like superman with your arms fully extended and grasp the nest with both hands like the man of steel! Continue onward diving with the nest into the water and feed the alligators! Don't forget to take pictures. :ph34r:

best one yet :lol: be right back, heading to do that now, NOT!

We always keep some Copenhagen in the fridge for my grandkids. In case they get stung by something. Remember the Duke putting chaw on Kim Darby's snakebite?

my luck the kids would try it, but if they did it'd likely be the last time. I meant to tell my wife to get some today. my pipe tobacco is old and dried anyway.

Take a big stick. Wade into the pond. Whack the nest.

Nest goes in the water, wasps go in the water. You're in the water.

Fairwell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies..... :lol: :lol:

now that is funny! :lol::lol::lol:

It seems the nest is bigger than two hands side by side in width. I loaded with GOEX BP, got as close as I could without falling in the water the flame came out with lots of smoke, the wasp soon flew out looking for me. the flame caused minimal damage. I had hoped the smoke would keep them calm. I will try a long torch tomorrow.

It seems the nest is bigger than two hands side by side in width. I loaded with GOEX BP, got as close as I could without falling in the water the flame came out with lots of smoke, the wasp soon flew out looking for me. the flame caused minimal damage. I had hoped the smoke would keep them calm. I will try a long torch tomorrow.

Two hands in width........sounds like a modified choke at 30' should do it. Or you could just cut the branch off, let it fall in the water. Last I heard, wasps don't surf.

CS

One can of hair spray....

One cigarette lighter.......

The two together make a great blow torch.

Archived