SASS Wire Forum

A Message from Pale Wolf Brunelle

Pale Wolf Brunelle gave me permission to post the following information regarding his health. Katie

To my SASS family & friends:

I want to express my appreciation for all of the prayers and encouraging support these past two months...THANK YOU for the cards, calls, emails, pm's, and a special THANKS to those of you who were able to stop by & visit.

For those who were wondering what happened, near the end of May I was diagnosed with a very serious lung/kidney disease. (Google "WEGENER'S" or GPA). Fortunately, I was able to get into treatment in time & have been hospitalized since the first of June...starting in Salem; the to OHSU in Portland. I am currently at VIBRA Specialty Hospital of Portland working on final recovery & rehab.

Progressing much better (and faster!) the past couple of weeks regarding mobility and caloric intake; continuing with dialysis 3x/week.

No discharge date set, but we've been discussing outpatient treatment options for continued aftercare closer to home.

I've been 'offline' due to limited internet capabilities (and reluctance to post while medicated). Phone use has also been dependent on blood oxygen stability.

Thanks also to Antety and my brother, John, for posting email & Facebook updates.

The hardest part of this whole situation is having to miss out on joining my friends & family out on the range...but I've been actively promoting SASS to the various doctors, RNs, CNAs & specialty therapists who've been taking excellent care of me.

Thanks again to y'all!!

PaleWolf Brunelle, SASS Life #2495

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Cool Very Cool

Get Well PaleWolf

Love Ya', We are all Continuing our Prayers for You Health.

Yer' Brother Wimp

He was looking a whole lot better today than last week. He is on the mend.

Ol'#4

Wishes for a speedy recovery PaleWolf.

Your extended SASS family will get just have to "play nice" on the Wire while you recover.

(sooner is better though)

Great news Palewolf,

Ii pray for your fast complete recovery and to see you as soon as possible.

Best regards from the French family part.

The prognosis sounds very encouraging. Best wishes for a full recovery and your early return to the range. We miss your guidance on the Wire and I know that those who shoot regularly with you are anxious to have you back.

He was looking a whole lot better today than last week. He is on the mend.

Ol'#4

Hey 4,

I'm glad to hear he's looking' good and on the mend. It's gotta be good to have his friends around and visiting with him.

PW,

Keep up the recovery and get well soon. It would please us greatly (and you I'm sure) to have you back on the range! We Missed you at EOT and hope to see you at WR.

Your friends,

Miss Behavin' and Lead Ringer

RE: "and reluctance to post while medicated" Come on Palewolf, take a walk on the wild side! :) And then to be serious: We miss our E.F. Hutton of the Wire 'cause everybody knows "When Palewolf speaks, people listen." Here's to a speedy recovery!

YES! and PW spread the word about CAS especially to the nurses., somehow I suspect I do not have to drop that hint. Get well soon.

PWB - great news, pard. Here's hoping the recovery continues and you're back on the range and the 'puter very soon. Prayers continuing, son.

Good to hear you are on the mend. Best wishes on your continued recovery.

Hey Palewolf........

Just picture those nurses wearing corset and carrying shotguns.....

You'll get better FAST!

Praying for your contunued recovery. You are missed!

Archived