SASS Wire Forum

It's so cozy, in our little cowboy world. And pretty danged hostile, outside of it...

I would expect the anti firearm attitude at LAX because of the legacy media there. The LA Times has expressed for a long time an irrational fear of armed citizens and takes every oportunity to express it in print & on-line.

I had a great experience flying out of Wichita, Kansas. No trouble at all. As others have experienced elsewhere, the airline personnel checking me in as well as TSA were more interested in looking at and asking about the cool hardware than anything else. Spent far more time talking about CAS and the guns than I did getting scrutinized.

Love the comeback comments above and look forward to putting some of them to use someday!

Cowboys should fly out of John Wayne airport.

Ya Sure! I flew home from John Wayne with a rifle & handgun case. When I picked up the cases in Jersey they looked like they were run through the shredder at the scrap yard!

And here's the Inspectors at Manchester Airport in Great Britain ...

HeavyDutyGunCheckers.jpg

best advise I ever got was

pre-print the airlines rules for firearms, take it with you, put em in your gun case

because a good portion of the agents checking you in do NOT even know their own rules of engaugement

I found that advise to be good advise

I had a similar encounter flying out of Phx to Seattle once and all I said was, "You can thank me later for your freedom of speech." I got a bewildered look and the lady at the counter looked away as she smiled in approval. We are all ambassadors of the shooting sports and the Constitution. I am retired LE and have flown quite a bit with a firearm, choose your airlines wisely, some are more friendly than others. Be cautious of ignorance in large numbers...

What a great reply David!

That make the point strongly, and more importantly earns the respect of those who witness the situation a lot more than a mutually offensive exchange of opinions.

These other observers are the ones who matter more to me (when I can control my first instinct to strike back). IMHO, More opinions can be influenced this way than with the confrontational response we all first jump to.

Harvey

Archived