SASS Wire Forum

Caliber Size and Firearm Selection Help Needed!

Lucky L

Wasatch Shep....

Son and I have already been looking around for the clothing as well!! LOL...thinking some tan or black pants...black or white shirt...with vest and tie and large wyatt earp style hat for me!!! and son wants to go for the Doc Holliday look!! ...geesh...it's only money right!! :D

The problem with shooting other cowboys gun is they wont sell them. :blink:

I started out with rugers then this pard came a long and said try my new gun I did (rem 1875 out laws) next thing you know

Im buying new gun same thing happened over and over again With the (Wife) then the (daughter) and now Im waiting for my new

sass vaqueros from long hunter

and it can be a sad state of affairs when you have to build a armoir for all the close yea it only money :D

• 8 months later...

Armoir??? My cowboy stuff took over a whole closet, a big plastic bin in another closet for boots and shoes, 4 fix under bed bins for leather and accutrements for various periods and uniforms, a big bin for hats, several boxes for unform hats and felt hats I don't want to store in a bin. If the wife ever gets involved the clothes will go to a whole other dimension.

All told may have as much tied up in clothes as guns. If I don't spend it the ingrates will inherit. One of the ingrates wants the guns more than the money anyway.

Hold on it is a fun ride.

Curious, for those recommending .44-40, why? (other than historical appeal)

When it comes right down to it, I picked 44-40 because of a certain cowboy character who carried twin 44-40s with a rifle in the same caliber.

Archived