SASS Wire Forum

J.J. Cale RIP

Blackwater 53393

One of the top song writers of our age. He worked with Clapton, wrote They Call Me The Breeze, later recorded by Skynird, and Crazy Mamma which made it to #22 on the charts for him.

Another great artist gone too soon.

I had the pleasure of working with him back in the early '70s. A finer and gentler soul you'll never meet.

One of the top song writers of our age. He worked with Clapton, wrote They Call Me The Breeze, later recorded by Skynird, and Crazy Mamma which made it to #22 on the charts for him.

Another great artist gone too soon.

I had the pleasure of working with him back in the early '70s. A finer and gentler soul you'll never meet.

Don't forget After Midnight. One of my favored musicians. Loved the bluesy, laid back style..........Rest in Peace JJ Cale.

CS

This was the 3rd song recorded by John and the Johnny Cale Quintette - a little more up tempo than most of his later music.

The 'Quintette' at various times included some other well known Tulsa musicians - David Gates [bread], Carl Radle [Derek/Dominos], Chuck Blackwell, Jim Karstein, Russell Bridges [aka Leon Russell], amongst others - all benefitted from the knowledge and musical savvy of just being around John.

Blackwaters assessment of the man is spot-on. He was a true gentleman and a musicians musician.

Go With God, John Weldon Cale - one of the original members of the "Tulsa Tops"

Don't forget After Midnight. One of my favored musicians. Loved the bluesy, laid back style..........Rest in Peace JJ Cale.

CS

Yeah! I was in the studio when that was recorded. Magnolia is one of my favorites, and there's Lies Lies Lies, Treat Me Right, and Travelin' Light!!

CRAZY MAMA.... WHERE YA' BEEN SO LONG?

Archived